on board network card problem with m10000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on board network card problem with m10000

for some reason, when i enabled network...and plug the cable into my router...the icon in the right bottom corner keeps blinking and saying that the cable has come unplugged. It is blinking that message, meaning that the cable is like being plugged in and pulled out constantly....but of course, im not doing that. I've tried 4 different cat5 cables and plugged it in different ports and still the same problem. I also reinstalled the network drivers also...anyone experienced the same problem? Any idea how to get around it?

easy, don't use windows, you won't have problems
    I don't need no stinkin' startup-shutdown controller... That's what journalized filesystems are for...
    NavSys, the ultimate navigation app
    http://www.navsys.org/

Comment

please stop spamming all the posts with your anti-windows comment. Linux is not the solution to everything around here. Stop trying to be funny, no one is laughing.

Comment

Sounds like the NIC is bad...Maybe a cold solder??? Look the Motherboard over real good and make sure there's no scratches. Other than that I would say an RMA is in order.
        Aura MR62 (F and R)
        My Current MP3s
        IamDefiler.com

Comment

What are you using for power? If you're using a PW-70 or something similar, what are you using for regulation? five USDs says that if you plug in a normal ATX power suply your problem will go away
          car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

Originally posted by robiewp
            What are you using for power? If you're using a PW-70 or something similar, what are you using for regulation? five USDs says that if you plug in a normal ATX power suply your problem will go away
            ...or what he said.
            Aura MR62 (F and R)
            My Current MP3s
            IamDefiler.com

Comment

I have seen this issue with Windows 2000 and a SMC chipset nic the fix was to shut off auto detect and hard set the card for the hub 100/ full 100/half what ever your hub or connection needs.

Originally posted by Defiler
              ...or what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by robiewp
                I heard heard the same when those power supply's first came out in the casetronic's case.

There wasn't enough juice to power the nic with all the other devices...

-Mario

Comment

i have the pw70a with itps, BUT im not using that as we speak. Im using a normal atx power supply to install software in my house. So it CANT be the power supply

Comment

Originally posted by [H]Bugster
                    i have the pw70a with itps, BUT im not using that as we speak. Im using a normal atx power supply to install software in my house. So it CANT be the power supply
                    The onboard NIC on my Epia 10000 doesn't seem to work either. It's been a while since I tried it but I recall seeing the same errors. I was going to wait a while to RMA hoping that the vendor would have to upgrade me Nehamia core instead of the Ezra I currently have. I'll have to try using an ATX supply to see if that helps.
                    My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

It sounds like the interface is flapping.

I would suspect that this is a problem with auto-negotiation as was mentioned above and odds are that this is an issue with your hub or switch at home. If this is the case, it will not matter which OS you are using as this is a hardware problem. In most cases, this can be solved by setting the switch/hub and the card to the same settings 10 HD/10 FDX 100 HD/100 FDX
                      thereby eliminating the need to auto-negotiate the network speed.

While that is the most likely answer, it is possible that you have bad hardware as well.

To test that, I would plug your ITX board into a known-goodhub then plug your hub into your router using a crossover or a straight and an uplink port and see if you can get link and connection that way consistantly. If you can, then you have an auto-negotiation problem if not then you may have bad hardware.

Hope this helps,

-Static

Comment

Working...
                      X