funky problem that i just isolated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• funky problem that i just isolated

ok not sure why this happens but I've finally gotten it down. my computer works fine when I cold boot or boot from hibernate. however, the computer screws up when it REBOOTS. I can be up and running and then do the restart in winXP and after the computer restarts, the mouse cursor goes haywire and starts clicking, dragging randomly. obviously that's bad. if i just shut the computer down completely and have it cold boot up again, it's fine. any ideas?

epia m10000
    pw-70a
    winxp
    256 ram
    2.5" laptop hdd
    no ps2 mouse, no ps2 keyboard, no usb mouse/keyboard
    lilliput touchscreen via usb

could it be maybe trying to find a mouse and fails and then just does some wierd junk and reads maybe electronic noise and mouse input?

If you've got some spare ram lying around I would try swapping it.

Comment

I get the same problem when I reboot with my GPS powered up. I have a magellan GPS connected via a USB to Serial adapter. I havent figured out how to sovle it though.
      Steve

Comment

Originally posted by cybuch
        I get the same problem when I reboot with my GPS powered up. I have a magellan GPS connected via a USB to Serial adapter. I havent figured out how to sovle it though.
        Steve
        search "GPS acting as mouse"

Comment

search "GPS acting as mouse"

yes I had the same problem before. The GPS get seens as an MS mouse on serial port, Ill I did was disable it .

Comment

yea i just found that. there was a driver for MS serial and it was attached to COM1 haha. that's stupid. problem sovleedd

Comment

Working...
            X