USB Audigy2 NX Standby resume issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Audigy2 NX Standby resume issue

well.. i got my opus yesterday, installed it, so i can now use standby for ultra low boot times, but my damn audigy goes to 100% volume when it comes out of standby... anyone know if there's a driver update/config setting/bios setting that fixes this?

i'm running it on an m9000 w/a opus 150 psu
    Car: 2000 Toyota Celica GT-S
    Mods: Yep
    Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

doh.... i guess nobody uses one and standby...

anyways.. i updated to the latest drivers, and now it won't even function when i come out of standby... time to roll back
    Carputer: VIA M9000 | Opus 150 | 512MB PC2100 | 60GB Notebook HD | Slim/Slot DVD/CDRW | Audigy2NX | Xenarc 700TSV | (2) DSCustoms DS700HRS (in trunk) | SMC USB 802.11b | CoPilot | DLink FM tuner | Cliffnet

Comment

I've got my Opus in the mail and was planning on picking up an Audigy 2 NX as well. Please post up if you get a resolution to this. I'm debating on whether to go with a PCI Audigy 2 in its place... we shall see...

Comment

I think the issue that i have is that the usb device resets and then goes to 100% volume... i'm tempted to contact creative after trying the other drivers that are available... also, i'm gonna doublecheck my bios settings because I may have set some stuff up incorrectly on the standby/usb portion

Comment

well.. here's what to do to roll back to the old drivers according to creative..

tested and worked, the steps didn't fully work though, but i'm on the original drivers

I would advice you to try out a cleansweep reinstall of your sound
          card. This will do a fresh installation of your Audigy 2 NX on your
          computer.

1. Go to Start, Run, type msconfig, and click OK.

2. Go to the General tab and insert a check to the left of Selective
          Startup. Uncheck "Load Startup Items."

3. Select the Services tab and select "Hide All Microsoft Services."

4. Uncheck all results and click OK.

5. Click OK and reboot when prompted.

6. Enable the Windows XP Startup Menu by tapping F8 once every second
          before Windows starts to load.

7. When the menu is displayed, select Safe Mode and press ENTER.

8. Once in Safe Mode, insert the sound card's installation CD and exit
          out of the installer

9. Go to Start then Run.

10. Type "X:\Audio\Drivers\CTZapxx.exe" into the OPEN field. (replace
          X with the drive letter of your CD drive that the installation CD is
          located within).

11. Click OK.

12. When the "Creative Driver Update Utility" opens, select Driver
          Uninstallation under the Update Option section.

13. If two out of the three options are disabled or grayed out under
          Driver Type, click OK. Otherwise, select WDM and click OK. You will
          then be prompted to reboot but please do not do so.

14. Go to Start, Control Panel (which may be under Settings if using
          the Classic interface) and go into Add or Remove Programs.

15. Remove all Creative Sound Audigy 2 NX programs.

16. Close all windows, and reboot the computer normally (do not press
          F8).

17. The Sound Blaster Audigy 2 NX should be detected by Windows as a
          "USB Composite Device." Cancel the Add New Hardware Wizard if it comes
          up.

18. Perform an installation via the CTRUN program on the CD
          (X:\CTRUNX\CTRUNX.EXE).

19. Reboot if prompted.

Comment

I just bought my audigy 2 nx today and my itsp / pw70a arrived today.
            So thanks for this info im off to play in my GT4

Comment

well just fyi... when it comes out of standby, your volume will be at 100%
              i'm gonna see if my friend can write me an app to set the volume when coming out of standby

Comment

Originally posted by 00CericaRuss
                well just fyi... when it comes out of standby, your volume will be at 100%
                i'm gonna see if my friend can write me an app to set the volume when coming out of standby
                I use an extigy with standby and optical output, works like a champ (course, optical has no volume control ;P).

Maybe I should test the analog output for this same problem...

-Jason

Comment

someone at my work is currently writing me a .net c# app that will run as a service that will set the volume to like 1% when the computer comes out of standby

he's almost done with it

Comment

Originally posted by 00CericaRuss
                    someone at my work is currently writing me a .net c# app that will run as a service that will set the volume to like 1% when the computer comes out of standby

he's almost done with it
                    My biggest headache with my system so far has been my usb devices. A powered hub helped out a bunch, but I still have a couple of problems when my computer comes out of hibernation. I've got a usb sound card-which if I leave MediaCar playing when it shuts off-causes problems when it starts backup again because the sound card hasn't been detected. My work around is to hit stop and stop all music playback before the computer goes into hibernate. After it starts up again and I hear the "da dink" that the sound card has been detected and installed I can press play. Second issue is with earthmate gps receiver. Crashes the computer after hibernate using the usb to serial driver-which I need to run third party gps programs. I'd like to have your programming resources! Good Luck getting it fixed!
                    '03 Sierra Denali

Comment

Wow that app to set volume would be great to have the source for. I'd like to catch the hibernation event and do the same thing. USB drivers don't seem to be written for standby or hibernate. 00CericaRuss please let me know if your friend can provide the source for that little jewel Sounds very useful.
                      2004 Subaru STI
                      AMS CG65 2.4Ghz P4 w/512MB DDR, 40GB HD
                      Audigy2 ZS, Xenarc 700TSV, Gyration Media Center
                      WinXP Pro, ME 2.1, AudioBahn 5100T Amp
                      AWT10X Sub, JL XR100-CT tweeters
                      Sony XPlod fronts, Kenwood Excelon rears

Comment

well.. he's not done yet... and i don't know when he'll be done... he's pretty much a coding geek though, so i'm sure it'll be done quite soon (we talked about it for a sec when he was leavin work last night and this morning he had part of it done)

I'll keep you guys up to date

Comment

are you powering your audigy off the USB? or do you have an external supply?

also, can you post the DC power requirements for the device?

I'm just curious ... thinking of buying one.
                          My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

um ... i think ifound the answer to both my questions...

you run 5v from your opus and it does require 5v? yes?

i may go with the extigy just to make my life easier.
                            My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Shakes, I wouldn't recommend the Audigy 2 NX ( to you or anyone who hasn't bought one already) I've heard they are awful, but people around here aren't having too much touble. I have a friend who tested one for his work, and said it was the worst thing he'd tested. You might be better off with the extigy (or Live USB)
                              My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                              2 Kicker Comp 10"
                              Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                              Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                              Check it out?!

Comment

Working...
                              X