Hacking into the 2004 5-series I-Drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hacking into the 2004 5-series I-Drive

My 2004 BMW 530i has a bunch of new technology and it seems that no one out there has any answers on how I can add navigation (which is not out yet OEM, bluetooth phone service, and video to function with the factory monitor, I-Drive, and steering wheel controls. Does anyone have some answers for me or know where I can get them? Thanks guys...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...highlight=ibus
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Well.. you can get the idrive "button presses" via Ibus, but the problem is that it will take an enormous amount of software work on your part to get it doing something like you want it to. Things are a lot more complicated when you already have navigation and all that in your car. You really ought to check out the yahoo group "HackTheIBus" for some good ideas. There are some folks there doing carpc integrations with the stock monitor/navi that will be of more use to you than this forum where pretty much everything is done custom from scratch and not much integration work is being done.

If you have specific questions about what you want to do exactly, I can give you some better ideas about how you might want to approach the problems.
      MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
      See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
      Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
      Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
      BMW I-Bus Integration
      My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

Working...
      X