Powering Computer On

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powering Computer On

Hey, everything is coming along great with my computer. Everything is currently workging outside of the car. i have just one problem.. I have no way of turning the computer on as my bios does not support resume after power loss. What method should I use? I have the following options in my bios...
    Standby Time Out (Minute)
    Suspend Time Out (Minute)
    Resume On PME#/LAN/Ring
    PowerOn by KBC
    Wake-Up Key
    Wake-Up Password
    Power On by RTC Alarm

Maybe I could use the RCT alarm, it is the ECS K7VMM. I thought it had resume on power loss because I once used it in a server, and it would always turn back on when the power was lost.

Any Suggestions??
    CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
    Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Guess unless Resume On PME#/LAN/Ring does what I wan't then I will have to go shopping for a new motherboard.

Comment

Are you going to have a keyboard as power on by KBC would allow you to boot it up.

I had this on one of my motherboards and it could be set so that a Ctrl+Function key would act as though you had pressed the power button.
      My CarPC install piccies http://www.celica-club.co.uk/cgi-bin...at=561&thumb=1

Comment

Most ECS boards actually support auto power on after failure, but you have to download the AMI bios editor, download a bios, then edit the bios yourself and reflash your eeprom.. I've done this with several K7S5A boards and some P4SGX boards

not for the feint of heart

Comment

not for the sober either...

do yourself a favor pick up a 5th and if anything goes wrong blame it on your friend Johnny Walker
          Originally posted by menudude
          thank you all for your help minus the useless post by sjlucky...

Comment

Originally posted by SjLucky
            not for the sober either...

do yourself a favor pick up a 5th and if anything goes wrong blame it on your friend Johnny Walker
            Hahahaha

Comment

Yea guess what, my bios got fried when I flushed it :-( Found out there was an update for the bios but now it wont turn on. Any how my parents had the same board and the capacitators were bad and I had kept the whole board, so I just took thier bios out and replaced mine with it. Works a charm but I think I am giving them my board and just buying a mini ITX. They do support boot on power loss correct?

Comment

Working...
              X