Clear All

• My EPIA M10000-N won't boot?

Hello all,

I just built my ssytem this weekend it consists of the following:

VIA EPIA M10000-N mother board
    1 stick PC2100 256 DDR Mem
    1 WD 40G HD
    1 standard 300W power supply

I had everything up and running Sat now today when I go to boot the system the mother board just beeps at me and nothing else happens I can hear the HD spining but not accessing? I tested the HD in my other PC and it is reconized asa slave drive and I can use it.

There is no trouble shooting section in my manual that came with the board and the VIA support forums didn't come up with much any ideas?

Any help provided would be greatly appreciated

-Eric R

Have you tried a different stick of RAM in the motherboard or tried that stick of ram in a different motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by Almost a Ghost
      Have you tried a different stick of RAM in the motherboard or tried that stick of ram in a different motherboard?
      Do you at least see the Epia logo at power up? If so, can you access the BIOS? (press DELETE after power up)?
      My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

Thanks guys I removed the ram and put it back in and everything is fine now strange anybody have an idea why?

-Eric

Do I need a bios upgrade?

Comment

No... It was simply a case of the ram not being propewrly seated and losing contact... The beep you heard was the post error code for bad/missing memory... Good to hear you got it back up... Good job..

Comment

hit it a few times
            Falcon cr53 w/ via epia m10000. Nokia 3650 blutooth phone.
            Better than winamp. Click here for qcd player.

Comment

Working...
            X