rca sound card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rca sound card

Im think im going to build a carputer and have been doing research. Theres not much on here about sound card, I wanted to know if there is a cheap sound card (less than $30) that has mono rca out (not S/PDIF out)? I thought about using a 1/8" jack-rca converter but I thought that might degrade the sound quality. Whats your opinion on this and what sound card do you use?

SB Live USB, it's got RCA Out, and it's USB if you're doing a low profile case. RCA is stereo, so i dunno about mono... I use it, and i'm currently working out a hum issue (using AC power from my house, not sure what to do>)
    My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
    2 Kicker Comp 10"
    Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
    Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
    Check it out?!

Comment

I used the jack converter and I didn't notice any decrease in quality but I am sure that RCA is probably alot better if you are going to be running alot of wire
      CarComputer Status: New Car & Broken (Motherboard Fried)
      Owen JH | My Linux Blog | The Tech Fellows

Comment

Originally posted by owenjh
        I used the jack converter and I didn't notice any decrease in quality but I am sure that RCA is probably alot better if you are going to be running alot of wire

I just bought a gold 1/8 inch jack connector and wired my own "adapter" to hook into the RCAs of my amp. I used good quality RCA cables and cut the end off to wire it to the 1/8 inch connector. Sound quality is good, no hum or noise what-so-ever. And I don't think there is a quality difference between 1/8" and a RCA jack. Just different jacks.
        OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
        www.whipflash.com
        Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

they make a 1/8th to rca wire also. No making a wire
          '98 Explorer Sport
          http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
          AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
          80% done

Comment

I've used a 1/8 to RCA converter to go from my computer to home stereo and never noticed a hum.

Hercules Has the Game TheatreXP that has RCA out jacks on the back of the external box it has.

Comment

Yes I have used a 1/8" to RCA before as well, but if you are really wanting to use nice cable, then you could go the route that I described.

I actually went that way for space concerns. THe 1/8" connector I soldered onto my RCA was an "L" shaped one, so I could save some space in my install area, otherwise I would have used a prebought adapter.
              OrangeWhip? OrangeWhip? 3 OrangeWhips!!
              www.whipflash.com
              Finally a new Avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by Almost a Ghost
                I've used a 1/8 to RCA converter to go from my computer to home stereo and never noticed a hum.

Hercules Has the Game TheatreXP that has RCA out jacks on the back of the external box it has.
                to much money

Comment

Originally posted by Pudge
                  SB Live USB, it's got RCA Out, and it's USB if you're doing a low profile case. RCA is stereo, so i dunno about mono... I use it, and i'm currently working out a hum issue (using AC power from my house, not sure what to do>)
                  i cant find it online could u give me a link?

Comment

Im not sure if this is the one you'll need but im planning to get a MP3+ for my laptop as i have been told it sounds much better, it simply goes straight into the usb connection and has 4x rca output (as well as oher digital input/outputs etc)

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/MP3+/

You can get them for around 30 .. although im pretty sure everyone on here is US based? so bout $50 ?

Comment

Working...
                    X