Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chatting ala cb/frs radio, through two cars/carputers w/ wifi.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chatting ala cb/frs radio, through two cars/carputers w/ wifi.

Descriptive title, eh?

A friend and I are both planning the install of carputers into our cars, with the usual crazy stuff.

If both computers have wifi cards, and are within a decent distance from one another, its fairly simple to set up a chat program, as I've seen people do.

But this requires a passenger for the most part, and I was wondering if there was a program that could chat over a local area network. I would just have to put pc microphones into both cars really, and set up the software on both ends so that we can chat with eachother wire and hands free!

Its really simple, the only missing piece for me is the software really - but I'm just not familiar with any program that will do this. Can anyone give a recommendation?

?

why dont u just get a cell phone???

Comment

Originally posted by EPIK
      why dont u just get a cell phone???
      That's too simple.
      2000 Ford Focus ZTS

Comment

Hahah LOL.

True! So true! Too simple!

Of course, I have a cellphone, with bluetooth - and that will enable internet anywhere.

But the big reason for wanting what I want stated above, is so it is hands free. My phone and my freinds phone are not speakerphones, sadly. But even still, speakerphones suck... they wont go through the cars audio system. Ideally, I will be mounting my microphone in the dash, molded to look invisible. Muhahahha.

Comment

Working...
        X