Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

no mini itx between 1ghz eden and P4 2.4Ghz?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no mini itx between 1ghz eden and P4 2.4Ghz?!

Hi guys

been looking around for a car pc. I want more power then an Eden 1ghz (which I understand can be compared to a p2 400mhz) and too slow for DVD

but Im not sure if a 150w opus handles a p4 2.4ghz which is the next step mini itx I found.

running fans, and lilliput from the car 12v would unload the opus, but still a p4 need some power... right?

(thinking of useing Dlink usb radio and the GPS usb mouse too)

thanks
    /Henke

Progress [||||||||||]||/_

Most people on here run DVD and DivX quite merrily on a 1ghz via MB.

Craig
    Audi S8 supercar
    Modded Xbox 400GB HD
    Rear 7" screen & navplus

Toyota Hiace Van
    Shuttle PIII 866 256Mb 10GB OPUS powered
    MediaCar & Mappoint 2004
    Custom fit 7" TFT VGA TSK

Comment

Also commell and lippert make mini-itx boards in between that range.

Jan
      Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

The OPUS should handle the P4 fine, I run a Anthlon XP 2000+ off a mini ATX motherboard with USB devices without a problem.

Originally posted by Henke
        Hi guys

been looking around for a car pc. I want more power then an Eden 1ghz (which I understand can be compared to a p2 400mhz) and too slow for DVD

but Im not sure if a 150w opus handles a p4 2.4ghz which is the next step mini itx I found.

running fans, and lilliput from the car 12v would unload the opus, but still a p4 need some power... right?

(thinking of useing Dlink usb radio and the GPS usb mouse too)

thanks
        /Henke
        StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
        Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
        The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

can you please link me to your board god of cpu

Jan, Ill check commell and lippert too!

Comment

Hello Henke,

The Via M10000 are fine for DVD playback, so you may not need to go the P4 route. If you do, Insight make a P4 board, same general spec as Via M10K, available here

The Commell LV-670 takes some hunting down, but they have another coming soon, the LV-671 , that uses a mobile Pentium processor.

The Lippert is more expensive, but rated highly... will post when I have more news on availability...

Comment

There's always a celeron based system.

Comment

Originally posted by lemming
                Hello Henke,

The Via M10000 are fine for DVD playback, so you may not need to go the P4 route. If you do, Insight make a P4 board, same general spec as Via M10K, available here

The Commell LV-670 takes some hunting down, but they have another coming soon, the LV-671 , that uses a mobile Pentium processor.

The Lippert is more expensive, but rated highly... will post when I have more news on availability...
                thanks!

saw the pentium M board, but I think pemtuim M prosessors are hard to find in sweden...

browsed the commell site, and spoke to my bro... he uses a stationary computer, P4 3.0 radion 9800 pro, a couple of HDDs and CDrw DVDrws, and about 50 cooling fans runns from 300watt easy.

670 useing a P4 seem too be they way to go... might be overkill today, but in 2 years you might be glad you choose a fast setup... you never know

/henke

Comment

Might need one of these if you are going OPUS to P4 mainboard:

http://www.cablesaccessories.com/gh_PP-P4-POWER.html

All p4 boards I have found required the extra power-in connector from the power supply. I don't think the Opus supplies this line.

Comment

thanks mattm

not that fun to start soldering connectors on a brand new P4

Comment

Working...
                    X