Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On/Off Illuminated Power Switch for Car PC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On/Off Illuminated Power Switch for Car PC?

Hello,

Have my Lexan Case all built now. I just sand blasted yesterday for an awesome frosted look and am looking for on/off switch that is illuminated with a blue LED. I have done many searchesin google and found several push button switches but don't know if i need a special type of switch for the Motherboard.

Edit: Can these Switches be used? http://www.directron.com/g13jpcf.html
    or how about this for a power switch? http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...roducts_id=784

If any one can suggest a supplier of PC switches that are illuminated i would be most gratefull.

Thanks
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

As long as its a momentary switch you won't have to do anything fancy.

Comment

the second one will work, the first will not
      Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
      Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
      I'M DEBT FREE!!
      I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

I just realized that the Opus power supply will plug into the F_Panel (front panel LED's/Switches) on the EPIA M10000. Can I run both of those (the opus and a ,anual switch) to the Power Switch terminal on the motherboard so that i can manually turn on/shut down my machine?

Comment

You can run the Opus and the manual switch together. Opus doesnt reccoment this because it can confuse the power supply (it will turn on when its suppossed to turn off if you turn it off while the car is running) I have mine setup with the case power supply AND opus just incase I dont want it on while the car is on, or for whatever reason.

Comment

ELEmental, could you explain that more?

Where does your case power supply connect to?

Comment

I would assume that you just tie into the two pins on your motherboard that are for the power switch.

I would like to do this too just incase i don't want my computer running while the car is on.

That switch that i want to get is like 35 buck though and a little to big for my case. I wish they made a smaller one

Comment

Working...
              X