grounding the third prong ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grounding the third prong ?

Has anyone ever tried grounding the third prong on the power cord for the computer ? Would the be more efficient than grounding the power supply itself ? And would you still need to ground the motherboard/case ?
    Thanks for any help.

DON'T DO IT. Unless you want to weld your computer to your car.
    KG6OQD
    www.americansandassociation.org

Comment

Doesn't matter. The third prong is connected to the case of the power supply anyway. If you don't believe me, measure it with a continuity tester. I just did.
      Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."

Comment

YES!! Ive done it and it solves the buzzing problem for me. Try it. Just use a pigtail.
        2004 F-150
        Shuttle XPC, 80gig HD, Wireless Internet, DVD
        "How piMP3d is your ride??"

Comment

Working...
        X