XM PCR w/Digital Output question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM PCR w/Digital Output question

Hey guys, does anyone know if the one from xmfanstore can be hooked up the normal way as well as digital ? I would assume it does but I need to make sure before I buy it and then can't use it if I decide to stay analog.

Frodo
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Originally posted by frodobaggins
    Hey guys, does anyone know if the one from xmfanstore can be hooked up the normal way as well as digital ? I would assume it does but I need to make sure before I buy it and then can't use it if I decide to stay analog.

Frodo
    Yes, the analog audio still works as normal, analog and digital audio will both be active. I did the XM PCR spdif mod and I use the analog audio on my computer in the house and spdif in the car.

Do yourself a favor and order the Blitzsafe antenna while you are at it...don't bother trying to use the directional antenna that comes with the PCR in the car.
    My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

I am not 100% sure but it does say under 'system requirements' that the digital input is optional. In any case I had to return stuff to these guys and they took it without any issues.

Originally posted by frodobaggins

Frodo

Comment

Thanx guys. I really appreciate it.
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

I'm going to add Optical SPDIF to my XMPCR.
          SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
          GPSing - Digital Speedo
          Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
          Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Working...
          X