Your Favorite 10" sub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite 10" sub

Just would like to know everyones favorite 10" sub for around the 100 dollar and less range.

I am going to use a single 10" sub in my jeep cherokee. I dont want rap booming bass. I want hard hitting, tight rock, alternate, techno bass

(and if anyone wants to recommend an amp that would be appreciated as well)

I am very new to this area subs and amps and have been doing my research. Now i want facts on your favorite. Thanks!

p.s. if you dont have positive feedback, just pass on and go to next thread... thanks!

Hummm my favorite sub is a 12 but its little brother is a 10

http://www.diamondaudio.com/Files/pr...%5Flarge%2Ejpg

Its a Bit over the 100 dollar mark even on ebay if you have to stay in that price range get a Kicker Solo D series (Look on Ebay they have been EOL for years but they pop up on ebay once and a while there ROUND the square ones suck)

Originally posted by pogue1000
    Just would like to know everyones favorite 10" sub for around the 100 dollar and less range.

I am going to use a single 10" sub in my jeep cherokee. I dont want rap booming bass. I want hard hitting, tight rock, alternate, techno bass

(and if anyone wants to recommend an amp that would be appreciated as well)

I am very new to this area subs and amps and have been doing my research. Now i want facts on your favorite. Thanks!

p.s. if you dont have positive feedback, just pass on and go to next thread... thanks!

Comment

Infinity Perfect 10.1 in sealed enclosure. Got mine on Ebay for around 119.00. A little more than you were looking to spend, but man they are worth it. Hits hard and is great for your listening style.

Hard pressed to find anyone say anything bad about this sub.

By the way - the square Kicker Solos do not suck if you set them up and tune them correctly. They are very sensitive to the enclosure you use (sizing).
      Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
      Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

The JL Audio " w" series are pretty sweet . Not sure on the price of em
        2003 PT Cruiser
        Sony, DEI, Kicker, Polk Audio, Stinger sound system custom cold air intake, diamond plate floors, progress springs 2" drop
        Freakville Pc's
        The PT Crew
        my cardomain page
        my webshots page

Comment

Originally posted by JaxPt
          The JL Audio " w" series are pretty sweet . Not sure on the price of em
          The only JL I would buy is the W7 series and they are freakin pricey.
          Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
          Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Thanks for your responses so far, its very appreciated. I am easily willing to spend up to 150 to do it right the first time ... i was actually considering the Infinity sub from what i had hear from others.

Comment

Well, you heard my answer in a PM but I'll post it here anyway.

Infinity Kappa in a ported box. Shiznit hits hard for $99.
              Aura MR62 (F and R)
              My Current MP3s
              IamDefiler.com

Comment

I always go with cerwin vega. In my experience always excellent bass and long life.

Comment

Originally posted by brrman
                  The only JL I would buy is the W7 series and they are freakin pricey.

the JL W6V2 series is right up there in quality and substantially cheaper (i have owned/ (still have in my closet) both a W7 and a W6V2)

just food for thought...im pretty sure the w6v2 is out of the price range of the original post, but man, this sub ROCKS
                  Cheap Laptop, great for Carputer!

Comment

I got an Infinity Perfect 10.1d in a sealed encloser custom made hits good and I still havent tweaked my amp yet :P To lazy
                    -Merc
                    1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee
                    [:::::::::.]99.9%
                    Working On: Fixing wireless network interference
                    Specs: 8.4inch vga touch, 1.?? ghz, 256 DDR, 4gig OS HD, 120gig Media HD, opus

Comment

I bought two 10" Polks from Circuit City a few months ago for something like $150. They tossed in a box for free! I would suggest an amp with a remote, or a stereo with a dedicated sub out volume control. Being 10", they give accurate bass, but can be overwhelming for long periods in such an open vehicle.

I'm sold on Polk. Had them in my '91 Cherokee, have them in my '01. Replaced the fronts with a Polk component system and found that the bass is almost non existent (but very accurate high-range). Round that out with a sub and everything's perfect.
                      Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a decent rear speaker...

Oh - if you go for a 10", I'd suggest the biggest box you can afford (or build). There will come a time when you want to shake the neighbors...
                      http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                      CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                      Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

a bigger box is not better dont be fooled by that, a sealed enclosure will have a smaller box size compared to a ported...

ull prolly be looking around 25-30 litre box for a 10" sealed inclosur.

i have the JL TR series 6x9's and they are AWESOME, for $200 (Aussie Dollar) they are the best money i have spent on th audio side of things.
                        It aint no family car.

SEE MK2 At : -
                        http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22810

Comment

I like all Infinity's!!

Comment

I just received a pair of 10" Rockford Fosgate Punch Z series speaks for my house boxes. I know they're considered entry level, but holy crap! I JUST burned out my desklamp from the power these bad boys are eating to shake the living hell out of my room! Put one of em in a sealed and tightly packed box, and you're gonna kill someone when you drive by and their head explodes from the sound.

They are 400w max, 200wRMS 4ohm, and cost about $40.00 ea. over at SoundDomain.com. They run about 70.00 ea. at the big chain stores. If you need something that can take more power than that, you might be shelling out a bit more than $100.00 for it.

Right now, Techmaster never sounded so good. At least it did until my right eardrum burst.
                            The ALEXIS Project
                            MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
                            Color Coding :
                            DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

fraid I dont have a favorite 10" sub oppinion to contribute, but i do have a sugestion for your housing if your just using one of them.

I know a guy who built a custom sealed inclosure perfectly sized to fit in his Cheokee's spare tire. it was just big enough to house a single 10" sub, and if you put a tire cover over it, you'd never know it was there (till it turned on of course)

he knew quite a bit more about car audio than I do, so he was able to match up his box volume with the proper sized sub.

eventually, when the car pc is all put in, thats what i'm going to do in my XJ.
                              2000 Jeep Cherokee
                              -CarPC: [_____]50% complete
                              -planning done, still need a few parts
                              -In-dash motorized VGA is finally out, need $$$
                              -Need to replace factory HU

Comment

Working...
                              X