No announcement yet.

help a computer BUILDING newbie out....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help a computer BUILDING newbie out....

Posted this in the newbie forum, but upon reflection, maybe this is a better plase to ask....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay, so im definetly not a newbie in the traditional sense, i understand hardware and software pretty well and know my car audio also. What i am new to is actually building a computer. i have some ideas for my carputer install, but i dont want to use a pre-fab computer and no case fits my needs, so i will be custom installing the comptuer (in different parts of the car).

Can anyone (meybe the old school members i hear constatnly talking about how pre-fab cases are the downfall of carputing....)give me a basic run-down of the do's and dont's of computer installation? (what to look for when mounting a mobo, HD, slimline drive, etc...power inputs, the turn on switch, etc...), or point me in the direction of a site/person who can help?

Thanks alot everyone, mp3car has been so helpful in the past, i trust everyone will be the same now!
    Cheap Laptop, great for Carputer!

Im new too all i can say is do make one and dont break n e thing. This helped me out a lot. Hope this helps
    J
    I GIVE FREE HUGS!
    Buy Sell or Trade
    If my pm box is full, please feel free to call me any time. 440-328-3382
    Thank you
    Forex
    Rate Mp3car @ FXroot.com

Comment

Working...
    X