Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optical Out soundcard?

Hi Folks,

I asked this question once before but the answer I got didn't work so I'm trying again. Don't get offended, I did a search on this forum for Optical Out soundcard and got about 25 pages of responses......

I need a PCI based soundcard with digital optical out. you know, the Toslink connection on the back. I want to use this to connect to my home amplifier from a PC. Anybody know of one for sure? I'd like it to be cheap of course....still have lots of req's for my carpc.....

any help?

Peter
    Stop Buying New Music CD's.
    Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Originally posted by chut
    Hi Folks,

I asked this question once before but the answer I got didn't work so I'm trying again. Don't get offended, I did a search on this forum for Optical Out soundcard and got about 25 pages of responses......

I need a PCI based soundcard with digital optical out. you know, the Toslink connection on the back. I want to use this to connect to my home amplifier from a PC. Anybody know of one for sure? I'd like it to be cheap of course....still have lots of req's for my carpc.....

any help?

Peter
    Yo Chut! You can get optical out (and in) with an Audigy 2 Platinum, Audigy Platinum, or Live (I think also Platinum). They come with that 5.25" "Live Drive" that provides everything, including IR connection, firewire port, MIDI in/out, 1/4" jacks for in/out, RCA aux in/out, and of course optical in/out.
    I'm not aware of any soundcards that have optical on the card itself, unless you consider some of the higher-end motherboards' integrated audio solutions..
    The ALEXIS Project
    MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
    Color Coding :
    DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

Thanks,
      I just realized that I can use the Extigy that I bought for the CarPC but didn't use. Thanks again.
      Peter

Originally posted by deadweasel
      Yo Chut! You can get optical out (and in) with an Audigy 2 Platinum, Audigy Platinum, or Live (I think also Platinum). They come with that 5.25" "Live Drive" that provides everything, including IR connection, firewire port, MIDI in/out, 1/4" jacks for in/out, RCA aux in/out, and of course optical in/out.
      I'm not aware of any soundcards that have optical on the card itself, unless you consider some of the higher-end motherboards' integrated audio solutions..
      Stop Buying New Music CD's.
      Hit The RIAA where it lives.

Indash Motorized 7", Epia Nehimiah, 512 MB, 80 GB, DVD, Wireless G, XP Pro, XM PCR, Kenwwod 5 Channel 1200 Watt Amp.

Comment

Originally posted by chut
        Thanks,
        I just realized that I can use the Extigy that I bought for the CarPC but didn't use. Thanks again.
        Peter
        Shiat! You had an Extigy! Hell yeah! Use it! Just don't unplug it while it's in use though. That will cause XP to do something I've never seen it do otherwise: lock up as solid as a Polar Bear turd in winter.
        The ALEXIS Project
        MP3---VIDEO---GPS---REARVIEW---OBD---SKINNING
        Color Coding :
        DONE / MOSTLY DONE / BASE FEATURES / WORKING CONCEPT / NO CODE COMPLETED

Comment

I bought this one YEARS ago ... still works well for me though ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3701

Aureal Vortext

(this isnt my auction btw)
          1999 Camaro z28
          -- Computer installed :) Phase 1
          -- z28 302hp dynoed :( WAHH!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X