Via M10000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Via M10000

Hello can anyone tell me how tall the processor with heatsink anf fan is? and whether this is more or less than the standard pc2100 ram.

Is there a minimum clearance from the ram or processor and the top of the case i am making?

So basically what is the minimum height of a m10000 case?

thanks

Cases are different sizes - some can't hold regular ram and need low profile ram.
    Do you not have the M10000 yet, but are making a case to fit one? I'm not really sure of the dimensions.
    Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
    Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

Lummox,

The M10000's processor, heat sink, & fan are 33mm tall. That's 33mm from the bottom of the board to the top of the fan.

The RAM I have in mine is standard size, and 37mm tall - bottom of the board to the top of the RAM.

Those measurements don't include the solder leads/joints that stick out from the bottom of the motherboard. So you want to add 5mm for motherboard standoffs. A 1mm plus or minus clearance would probably be a good idea too. So I would say that the minimum inside dimension (height) of a M10000 case would be 43mm with standard RAM or 39mm with low profile RAM.

Hope that helps,
      Tom
      So far:
      M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

Tom,

Thanks for your very detailed reply.

It does help

Comment

No problem. It just so happened I was sitting here next to my M10000 and there was a ruler handy.

Ooops. I missed something important. I was just looking at my M10000, and I realized that the sound jacks stand higher than the heatsink/fan combo or even regular size RAM. The housing around the sound jacks stands 40mm high, so add 6mm (one for a little give/take and 5 for mobo standoffs) and your minimum interior case dimension is 46mm.
          So far:
          M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

Working...
          X