Double Dinn Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Dinn Radio

OK, (being lazy here I admint it) I don't have a double din radio to measure can anyone post HxWxL for a double din radio (I have an idea for a porject but before I start I need to know if it will fit.

(its a Secret project but if you promisse not to tell I'll give you a hint)

I want to find a broken one of these

GUT it out and Build the screen into the drop down part and put a Epia 1000 into the back, DVD will mount into the cd slot, bingo a all in one car-pc that can be moved from car to car with ease.

No copying my idea
    Attached Files

standard DIN is 7"x2" so double din would be 7"x4"... the depth changes from car to car but a standard din radio, I believe, is 7"... good luck

Comment

Dang one more good idea shot to hell, if a double din is only 4 inches high I can't squeese a 4.2 inch display into the hole.

and the 5.8 Inch screen is even taller 108mm vs 103mm

Originally posted by Crav4Speed
      standard DIN is 7"x2" so double din would be 7"x4"... the depth changes from car to car but a standard din radio, I believe, is 7"... good luck

Comment

Originally posted by belezeebub
        Dang one more good idea shot to hell, if a double din is only 4 inches high I can't squeese a 4.2 inch display into the hole.

and the 5.8 Inch screen is even taller 108mm vs 103mm
        A widescreen 7" screen like the Lilliput would fit. I have a double DIN radio and the Lilliput housing is just slightly taller (by about 2mm) than the double DIN slot.

Comment

umm... a 4.2" screen will fit in a double din space... 4.2" is the diagonal length of the screen... with a 4:3 ratio screen, the height will definitely be no more than 2.5"

Comment

Working...
          X