Control the cooling

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control the cooling

Hey i want to use ducting to direct my exaust air downward and the fans are facing upward. Which ducting material will withstand PSU and epia 1ghz heat exaust? also where can i buy it.....im looking for a cheaper route, not the ducting kits they sell...more of a do it yourself home thing. thank you!

-EVOXTC
    Vehicle: 2003 Mistubishi Evolution
    PC Specs: 1gHz Nehemiah M10000
    512mb RAM
    Windows XP Professional
    80gb 7200rpm 8mb cache HDD
    UI: MediaEngine 2.1

FOr a DIY approach, you could use cardboard. The heat from a 1Ghz CPU and a PSU (as long as it's not some 600watt monster) isn't significant enough to burn the cardboard. Just in case, you could wrap it in duct tape. If it's good enough for your furnace, it's good enough for your PC!

If you want to get real fancy, go to the kitchen and grab an old aluminum pie plate. Cut & bend it to fit and you're in like Flynn.
    So far:
    M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

Ok, could i make a tube using aluminum foil then?? that was what i was gonna try doing....or is that a no no.....it would be more tubeable and shapable and routable and stuff like that. THANKS!!!

-EVOXTC
      Vehicle: 2003 Mistubishi Evolution
      PC Specs: 1gHz Nehemiah M10000
      512mb RAM
      Windows XP Professional
      80gb 7200rpm 8mb cache HDD
      UI: MediaEngine 2.1

Comment

If you go the aluminum route, beware of short-circuits! If a bump jars your install and that aluminum connects two things that shouldn't connect you could fry your board.

Wrap the edges (at least) with masking or electrical tape, and make sure it is firmly attached to the case.

Edit: just thought of this too - plastic cups make good straight or angled vent tubes. Cut out the bottom, slit the side, and make it whatever diameter you need, trim to fit, done!
        So far:
        M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

Working...
        X