VIA EPIA MII 10000 vs. M 10000

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIA EPIA MII 10000 vs. M 10000

Hi guys, I'm a bit of a noob as far as these smaller motherboards go.. I was wondering what's the difference between an MII 10000 and a regular M 10000 w/ nehemiah processor? I've noticed that the MII's are a lot more expensive and use different processors (I think). I've noticed a lot of people say that the M 10000's are pretty much optimal for the performance to size that they offer, but what about these MII's? Are their processors faster? Do they have more options? Can anyone help me out here? And yes, I did do a search. :] Thanks!
    2002 Subaru WRX - Silver
    -FP18G turbo
    -Walbro fuel pump
    -Modified OEM 840 CC Injectors
    -TurboXS: UTEC, turboback, uppipe, intake
    -Blitz FMIC
    -STI cluster
    -17"x7.5" SSR Competitions
    -Tein Flex coilovers
    -NOS 50 shot
    -2004 rear conversion

I was pretty sure they had the same processor, just that the MII is more versatile for multimedia, becuase it comes with a compact flash card and I heard it has better graphics.

Comment

The MII has a Compact Flash and a PCMCIA slot onboard Take a look here for details on the MII and here for info on the M

Garry
      Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
      www.aimee.cc

Comment

Thanks guys, exactly what I needed to know.
        2002 Subaru WRX - Silver
        -FP18G turbo
        -Walbro fuel pump
        -Modified OEM 840 CC Injectors
        -TurboXS: UTEC, turboback, uppipe, intake
        -Blitz FMIC
        -STI cluster
        -17"x7.5" SSR Competitions
        -Tein Flex coilovers
        -NOS 50 shot
        -2004 rear conversion

Comment

so hey which one did you go for? Cuase i am debating both ... and its only a $50 price difference right?
          1999 Camaro z28
          -- Computer installed :) Phase 1
          -- z28 302hp dynoed :( WAHH!!!!

Comment

go for the mII it comes with the lvds connector wave of the future

Comment

Didn't the M10000 eden come with a lvds connector also? I'm pretty sure I have one. Secondly as I usnderstood it (possible mis-understood it), the problem with the lvds connectors is that you still need an external controller card, which is still very spensive, right?
              2006 Chevy Colorado: VIA M10000 EDEN, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB 2.5" Seagate HDD, USB Slim Slot DVD/RW, Holux GPS, MobileVU 10.4" LCD (touch not working yet), VOOMPC Case (blue), 70W DC-DC supply.

Comment

the cf card clot and cardbus is optional, and comes as a option from via. When you order the board make sure that if you want the cf and cardbus adaptor your retailer/etailer is supplying you with the additioanl parts.
                "Video games dont affect kids. I mean if pac man affected our generation as kids, we'd all run around a darkend room munching pills listening to to repetitive music. -Just a thought" anon

Comment

Jackso,
                  The LVDS is a standard like USB 2, I haven't seen any displays with the connector but the theory is the lcd will come with the hook ups right now you can get a receiver board for $40 that will hook up to any 6 or 8 bit screen and you can get a M10000 with the LVDS module for $195 so far it's not special the beauty of it is that with VGA signal you are limited to about 18" lenght on the cable that is a reason why so many companies use composite the rca plug for the video signal but the quality is poor, now with the LVDS you get VGA quality and Low-Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS) is designed to for a signal to travel long distances and in many places you'll find industry using the cable at 10 meters that's 32.80 feet, try that with a standard vga cable you will get nothing at the screen.Yes it is new but I personally think it's the way of the future, but like anything if it doesn't catch on with the market even the best products fail.

Comment

Working...
                  X