Identifying an LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying an LCD

I finally received my LCD's from TimeLine (2 20x4, 1 20x2 and a 40x4) after month and a half.

Well, I'm very nervous about connecting the 40x4 LCD, because the papers that Timeline sent along says that the thing has 18 pins, but mine has just 16. I did search the board for information, but found 2 different diagrams on the subject.

And they differ between, and from the one from Timeline, so I'm stuck. The paper from Timeline is for a DMC40457 from Optrex. In the back of the LCD it says:

SII JAPAN
    M4024
    REV.J
    TW-22 94V-0

Which wiring scheme should I use???

Thanks.

i have 40x4 lcd from timeline too. tell you the true, i have problem on connecting them. if you use the ribbon cable that come with the lcd module, make sure you reference the red cable is ground. and if you use the number that print on the PCB then the pin # is not respective to what it is.

as long as it is parallel alphanumeric character display with this pinsout number
    pin12=vee
    pin13=gnd
    pin14=vdd
    pin15=E2
    etc...
    you can just use the schematic from weise homepage

Comment

Ok, thanks... Which is the weise page?

I received no cable with my LCD's. You have the same LCD as I do? Did you already have it working?

Damn! (well nobody said it was gonna be easy)

Comment

I have the timeline 40x4 display as well, the two pins you dotn have are the ones that power the backlight. They would be seperate from the rest of the pins, if looking at it right-side up the 16 pins are on the left side and the other 2 pins are on the right. What I did was unsolder the ribbon cable and attached the wire directly into their proper pin holes. As far as the schematic, I actually use a 40x2 schematic to figure which wires from the Parallel port sent which signal and then connected them to the proper signal using the sheet timeline sent me. It wasnt that hard once i realized what pins were what, but Im very electronic dumb so If I can do it, Im sure you can as well.

Good luck,

Grand Am-P3
        The Grand aMP3 Project
        Car: 96 Pontiac Grand Am
        Current Setup: AMD K62 300MHz, 64MB DIMM RAM, 20GB WD Hard Drive, Basic Video & Sound

Comment

Ok. I'll use the sheet Timeline sent. (but will keep my fingers crossed anyway...)

Thanks.

Comment

you
            post up here the pins out of that lcd so i can help you

Comment

Ok I'll do just that... when I get home. I took the papers home at lunch time and left them there.

Comment

Here they are... these are the pin assignments as the sheet from timeline say:

1 - DB7 9 - E1
                2 - DB6 10 - R/W
                3 - DB5 11 - RS
                4 - DB4 12 - Vee
                5 - DB3 13 - Vss
                6 - DB2 14 - Vcc
                7 - DB1 15 - E2
                8 - DB0 16 - (No connection)

Comment

Well I finally found the actual model to the LCD. It is a Seiko L4044, reflective (no backlight), equivalent to Optrex DMC40457. Now I'm confident to put voltage to the thing. Thanks for your help...

Comment

if you need more help, keep post thisone up. i have couple of schematic for this lcd. i think i send it to a guy in here who has problem of connecting it too.

by the way, don't follow the # in the pcb board. follow the ribbon cable code, red is pin1

Comment

I received no cable. Which is pin 1????

Comment

ok ..if you have no cable then there is no confuse at all. look at the number on pcb. and use that number for your circuit connection. give me all pins out. i will make a circuit diagram for you
                        and email you with it

Comment

Working...
                        X