Fiberglas supply?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiberglas supply?

Where do yall get your fiberglasing supplies? Just wondering because i have quite a bit to do in the near future and i just don't want to pay for the little bits you can get at home depot or autozone.

-Dustin

That's the best way to do it. They both sell gallon sizes of both resin and body filler. Anything you order online that's over a gallon will have to have hazmat charges added, which sucks 'cuz they're a lot. That includes any order of single gallon containers over the quantity of one. You'd have to find someone that'd take one order and ship the 5 containers separately.

Comment

hmm... i didn't think about the hazmat thing. Is there anywhere cheaper to get the matt and i could just find somewhere local that has resin? Just that it works out to 5 bucks a yard and im going to need alot of the **** by the time im done.

-Dustin

Comment

Who says you have to use mat? My last fiberglass subwoofer enclosure was made almost entirely out of a UHAUL blanket.

Comment

if you're doing a large area you should probably use fleece or some other fabric then use the liquid resin / glass mix to just paint over it. buying sheets for any large project is probably a bad idea ...

check out 00CericaRuss' job here. maybe shoot him a PM ... he obviously knows what he's doing and can probably tell you where to get your stuff cheap
          My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow
            Who says you have to use mat? My last fiberglass subwoofer enclosure was made almost entirely out of a UHAUL blanket.
            beat me to it
            My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

try www.wicksaircraft.com or www.aircraftspruce.com. they also have carbon fiber, for those so inclined....

erie

Comment

Working...
              X