AC/DC for DC/DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC/DC for DC/DC

Does anyone know of a high power DC to DC inverter that has a socket for an AC adapter? That way it can work inside my house when I network it for file transfers.

This isn't exactly what you asked for, but it is another solution... I have a DC/DC built into my MP3 box. I used one of those remote control car battery connectors for the power plug on it. When in the car, I have it plugged into my battery (duh), and when at home, I use a regular computer power supply and get the 12v off of the hard drive power connector (with remote control car battery connector installed). Works great.

LowLife

Comment

hmmm
      completely off the wall question came to mind reading that. I wonder If i could charge my car battery with an old AT power supply, just connect +12v and ground to the battery overnight...

Comment

No, the 12V from an AT power supply would not charge a car battery. A battery is best charged from a constant current source with a voltage greater than the batteries voltage.

To charge a car battery you would need a voltage source of 14-18V with a series resistor to limit the charging current.

Car battery chargers are cheap so you bother

Comment

Working...
        X