Micro ATX Athenatech case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro ATX Athenatech case

You may want to check out this case if you dont want to build a custom case or don't mind putting your case in the trunk.
    Providence is borne on the breath of prophecy.
    P4 2.66 | 1024 MB PC3200 | 4x Memorex DVD+RW | Memorex 52x24x52 CDRW | 200 and 60 GB HDDs | Antec 400W PSU

I think I just found my new HTPC case

Comment

Toms Hardware reviewed this case, it was the only MicroATX case in their review, and the quote I have says "There is no reason we would not recommend this case for purchase" or something like that. It was the selling point for me. Very well organized case.
      P4 2.66 | 1024 MB PC3200 | 4x Memorex DVD+RW | Memorex 52x24x52 CDRW | 200 and 60 GB HDDs | Antec 400W PSU

Comment

True, it is a very nice case.

Wouldn't it be cooler if it came with a DC PSU?

Peace,

Rafster
        Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by kami333
          I think I just found my new HTPC case
          it works great for that, we actually have one sitting there right now. It's kind of a pain to build, but that goes with pretty much any microatx case. It is a really nice case though

Comment

Originally posted by Providence
            Toms Hardware reviewed this case, it was the only MicroATX case in their review, and the quote I have says "There is no reason we would not recommend this case for purchase" or something like that...
            Yeah, that sounds like a pretty solid recommendation.

I have to say, there is no reason I wouldn't recommend that someone interpret that as a positive review.

Comment

Another MicroATX Case they thorougly dissected.

eCar, have you actually BEEN to Tom's Hardware? This is probably the most comprehensive tech review site on the Internet. Plus, they don't bull**** or play favorites.

Here is a link to the review of the A100SC. Speaks for itself.

This is the case they currently recommend for Micro ATX applications.

Comment

Sure, I've been posting in THG's community for a few years. I was just making a joke.

Comment

i can't tell if it accepts full height pci/agp cards. can anyone else?

Comment

This is the microATX case that I'm going to get. It is small, made of all aluminum for light weight and good heat dissipation, and can take a full size PCI card. And it has a SFX form factor power supply, so should be able to swap directly with the 150w Opus.

Comment

Originally posted by wi77iam
                      This is the microATX case that I'm going to get. It is small, made of all aluminum for light weight and good heat dissipation, and can take a full size PCI card. And it has a SFX form factor power supply, so should be able to swap directly with the 150w Opus.
                      The only problem with it is that you can't use the PCI slot unless you are actually using a MicroATX board. The mini-ITX boards won't line up correctly. That makes it useless for people using the EPIA series motherboards.
                      Phillip Hullquist

I entertain people through adventure movies.
                      www.11visions.com

Comment

Originally posted by parawing742
                        The only problem with it is that you can't use the PCI slot unless you are actually using a MicroATX board. The mini-ITX boards won't line up correctly. That makes it useless for people using the EPIA series motherboards.
                        Agreed. I'll be using a microATX mobo in my next carPC. There are plenty of miniITX cases out there for the EPIAs. The casetronic 2699R can take a full size PCI card. I wouldn't want to try to fit an EPIA in a microATX case.

Comment

The other problem is the Opus PS will not fit (I have both).

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica
                            The other problem is the Opus PS will not fit (I have both).
                            The Casetronic CS-4117 has a SFX form factor 200w PSU. Opus says their 150w PSU is SFX form factor. Why won't it fit in that case?

Comment

The Casetronic CS-4117 has a SFX form factor 200w PSU. Opus says their 150w PSU is SFX form factor. Why won't it fit in that case?
                              Perhaps he is talking about the 90w version of the Opus. But again, it would seem the case should have the space to mount either.
                              Phillip Hullquist

I entertain people through adventure movies.
                              www.11visions.com

Comment

Working...
                              X