Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which antennas for tv cards?

hi all,
    I'm thinking to add my unused voodoo tv fm in my carpc/htpc, to listen radio stations and let my friends to view reality shows (italian big brother sucks)
    my only issue is: will tv tuner work when I'm moving? Do I need special antennas?

thanks in advance,
    bye

Get this one.

Comment

I don't want spend money tor new tv tuners, cause I got mine... If it works, fine.
      If not, I don't mind... But if it's only an antenna problem, then I can buy one!

sorry for the english!

Comment

Originally posted by eCarô
        My guess is that nobody on this board is about to drop $3495 on a satelite tv antenna for there car....
        But I could be wrong, if someone did...that would kick ***!
        BossTone74

Comment

OK, don't want to spend $3500? You didn't mention a budget.

If you're moving you want an omnidirectional antenna. If stationary, a directional antenna is better if you can aim it at the station.

Comment

BTW, what did you mean by "Italian Big Brother"? Are there TV stations that you can only get with your Voodoo TV?

Comment

BTW, what did you mean by "Italian Big Brother"? Are there TV stations that you can only get with your Voodoo TV?
              No, it's only my opinion, the italian big brother is transmitted via sat, but a night a week it is transmitted on canale5, a national TV (do you know Berlusconi? )
              I explain my question a little more:

I have a voodoo PC TV PCI and I'm going to mount it in my future carPC. That's because I want to hear some radio station, and that card is the only I have (and I didn't use it for ages).
              I would like to know if tv card works during travelling... And what else i need to make it work?

If you're moving you want an omnidirectional antenna. If stationary, a directional antenna is better if you can aim it at the station.
              Well, I'll look for an omnidirectional antenna.
              thanks a lot!
              bye!

Comment

actually thought about the tracvision for our honda pilot. think it would fit. just afraid of getting it ripped off in nyc...

Comment

I think it has to do more with him living in Italy than his video card.

Comment

I thought this would be worth a try.
                    Disclaimer: I have NOT personally tried this device. Just an Internet search find. YMMV
                    System:
                    Epia M1000 w/512MB PC2100, Xenarc 700TS, ATI 7500 PCI, OPUS 150 PSU, 2.5 40GB 5400 HDD, 802.11g PCI, Slim Slot DVDR,
                    Gyration RF Kybrd, OBDII adpt. + sftwr, XP pro, iGuidance/Royaltek GPS NAV, XMPCR, Kenwd KAC-8401 4 chnl amp, 10" pwd sub

Comment

Just use your car's antenna, works great for me. I can watch while i drive...

Comment

Now you just need to tell him (and the rest of us)how to hook that up and everything will be fine
                        Originally posted by amrit50
                        Just use your car's antenna, works great for me. I can watch while i drive...
                        Technology, Gadgets and Making Money Online
                        http://www.genemills.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberphox
                          Now you just need to tell him (and the rest of us)how to hook that up and everything will be fine
                          1 female motorola to female bnc adapter
                          1 male bnc coupler
                          1 female bnc to F type coax

http://www.blackboxcarputers.com/64.jpg

Just like that

Comment

Nice work amrit: I'd definitely try that...where can I buy those parts?

Originally posted by amrit50
                            1 female motorola to female bnc adapter
                            1 male bnc coupler
                            1 female bnc to F type coax

http://www.blackboxcarputers.com/64.jpg

Just like that
                            Technology, Gadgets and Making Money Online
                            http://www.genemills.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberphox
                              Nice work amrit: I'd definitely try that...where can I buy those parts?
                              Radio Shack of course!

Comment

Working...
                              X