Would this be a good place to start?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be a good place to start?

For $160.00 would this be a good system to start with if I only wanted to play MP3's?
    http://shop.store.yahoo.com/pctekonl...bkbookpcc.html

To add to this I was thinking 128M ram, Celeron 700Mhz, and 40 gig.

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: steve671 ]
    Car computer and console.

Shuttle FV-24, 100gig, DVD, 10.4 VGA TFT, 866MHz, 128MB Ram, Keyspan remote, DC-DC

can't tell if it has a pci expansion slot.Doesn't say anything.
    Other than not having TV-OUT this seems like quite a deal.....specially the 5.1 audio
    04 Acura TL w/ core2duo 2ghz laptop w/ 1gb RAM on a docking station.

Fast car, fast PC. ;)

http://www.arcdesigns.net/carpc/

My TL CarPC ver2

FSR Flash Skin w/ moving weather maps

Comment

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an extension slot. With the sound on board, would I need a PCI extension slot?
      Car computer and console.

Shuttle FV-24, 100gig, DVD, 10.4 VGA TFT, 866MHz, 128MB Ram, Keyspan remote, DC-DC

Comment

search on this bbs for BookPC. There are a few people using them...you will need a way to supply power...inverter or custom dc-dc power adapter.
        current projects

Comment

I was just about to buy one too, BUT

if you ever want to add anything you're kinda screwed.

I wouldn't want a system with no expansion slots, and who knows what quality the onboard sound is.

But the footprint, damn, IT IS SMALL. You can add a GPS, but I wouldn't count on being able to add much more. I guess you have to just look at exactly what you want to do with the system.

Oh yeah, and price out everything before you commit to anything, you'll be surprised how quickly you'll hit the $700+ mark. $160 here, $80 chip, $130 hd, $300 screen, etc, etc... woah $700!
          IN DEVELOPMENT -- '96 Mustang, lilliput with PII/450 laptop, custom DC-DC power supply, 60GB; Garmin GPS; 802.11g; compact keyboard, small graphical LCDs, OBDII.

Comment

Working...
          X