Cheap AM Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap AM Radio

I'm looking for a cheap AM radio. My aim is to be able to listen to an AM station and have GPS prompts overlaid. As there aren't many AM radio cars Garry suggested runnign a second AM radio and feeding it into the line in on the PC then I can use it as a combined audio source.

Thinking this should be cheap... althought there aren't the nice simple head units around that there were in years gone by. Any suggestions for a cheap cheap AM radio that will connect to a car antenna and output with a connection that goes into a soundblaster line-in?

Chris.

Go buy a walkman that you can use a car kit with (cigarette lighter plug). Then, go to radio shack, buy a cable to go from the headphone jack to the line in on your SB. Worked for me with my alarm clock.
    Audio Rockford Fosgate: 900 Watt 4-channel amp, 501bd Mono amp
    Computer AMD 2400+ XP, 1 GB DDR RAM, Orbit Micro 250W DC-DC PSU

Head units are for cheaters!
    sure some girls fake orgasms.....but it's guys like me who fake the whole relationship

Comment

Originally posted by lgbr
      Go buy a walkman that you can use a car kit with (cigarette lighter plug). Then, go to radio shack, buy a cable to go from the headphone jack to the line in on your SB. Worked for me with my alarm clock.
      What did you do for an antenna?

Comment

What about using a D-link usb radio this is available in the UK dont know about USA works a treat but only on FM 200 presets and recording onto hard drive if wanted (with timer, and sleep wake function)

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...roductID=20953
        EPIA MII: 512m Ram: LinITX 8" Touch Screen: Carnetix P1290 PSU: 802b PCMCIA Wireless card: Slot DVD Player: Touchpad: Wireless Keyboard: BU303 GPS Mouse:
        Win 2000: RoadRunner Front End: Michelin Mapstore GPS: Netstumbler:

Comment

Working...
        X