great pc for cars?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great pc for cars?

Hi ive been reading the forms for awhile now, and just wanted to share some info that i discovered with you all. Well, i know that alot of people have been using those mini-itx pc's for awhile now, and well they just dont seem to have the power that im looking for. So ive searched for new/alternative solutions for Small FormFactor PC's and have found this one. Its an XPC and as you guys know, they have a lot of upgrading power in them. But this one has everything built right into it, only thing you need to do is get processor/memory and youre done. http://www.overclockercafe.com/Revie...tle_Zen_ST62K/
    It says is s'pose to be ultra quiet (actually, it s'pose to be 100% silent) and i just wanted to know what you all think about this.

EDIT: the reason i even posted this was because i was thinking about buying one, so thats why i needed input for you guys!

Its actually a pretty good system... however its a little bulky for me, I just don't like the size of those shuttle cases, if it was like half its height it would be easy to hide, but with its present height its kind of a pain in the *** to hide unless you have a huge SUV or something!! But it looks like a nice system!! I'd buy it!

Originally posted by bubbrubb
    Hi ive been reading the forms for awhile now, and just wanted to share some info that i discovered with you all. Well, i know that alot of people have been using those mini-itx pc's for awhile now, and well they just dont seem to have the power that im looking for. So ive searched for new/alternative solutions for Small FormFactor PC's and have found this one. Its an XPC and as you guys know, they have a lot of upgrading power in them. But this one has everything built right into it, only thing you need to do is get processor/memory and youre done. http://www.overclockercafe.com/Revie...tle_Zen_ST62K/
    It says is s'pose to be ultra quiet (actually, it s'pose to be 100% silent) and i just wanted to know what you all think about this.

EDIT: the reason i even posted this was because i was thinking about buying one, so thats why i needed input for you guys!
    New CarPC on the way again I think. I miss my old one!!!

Comment

True about the size, but its really not that big. It would actually fit in my glove box or armrest if i took it out of the case. But the only thing that would throw off the fit is if i decided to upgrade the videocard, which i would probably end up doing down the road sometime.

Comment

Forgot to ask, but does anyone know where to get these pc's without the case? Any XPC from shuttle with an AGP slot would be great. Only reason im asking is because im going to mount it somewhere without the case anyways, and it would probably save me 100-150 dollars to buy it without the case.

Comment

I have built a few shuttles and the best way to buy them is barebone. If you find a mobo alone you will spend more by the time you buy the PSU, cables and other items that you can rob from the chassis. You can sell the case and PSU (if you coose not to use it) when you are done to someone who is modding their case. Try egghead or shuttle websites for good prices.

Comment

Working...
          X