Volume regulator question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume regulator question

will it work, if i put volume regulator between PC and AMP? just a regular variable resistor (one per channel - I have 2 channels). will it affect on quality of the sound, or will it work at all?
    '93 Opel Vectra A with Custom Dash with 7" lilliput
    VoomPC/M1-ATX/M10K/256 RAM/20GB 2,5' HDD/Gemtek USB Radio/WinLite/RoadRunner
    http://zvi.home.ge/pics/?dir=vextra

it will work.. but hurt quality. make sure the resistor oms isnt to high or you wont get sound out.. .

im trying to make a 4 chanel volum control. useing one pot and 4 op amps.. havent got all the detals worked out yet
    Pete Kastner www.KastNERD.com

Comment

how should I calculate how many ohms resistor should I have? in order to have the whole volume range (from 0% to 100%) spread to the whole spin range of the regulator
      '93 Opel Vectra A with Custom Dash with 7" lilliput
      VoomPC/M1-ATX/M10K/256 RAM/20GB 2,5' HDD/Gemtek USB Radio/WinLite/RoadRunner
      http://zvi.home.ge/pics/?dir=vextra

Comment

Originally posted by zvi
        how should I calculate how many ohms resistor should I have? in order to have the whole volume range (from 0% to 100%) spread to the whole spin range of the regulator
        The way sound control resistors work is one end is connected to the ground, other to the signal and the mid-point is your output.

Comment

Originally posted by zvi
          you'v gota find out what V out put you have to get the right ohm or you'll have to big or no dead spot
          Pete Kastner www.KastNERD.com

Comment

Working...
          X