No announcement yet.

Clarion DSP -- Optical inputs

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarion DSP -- Optical inputs

I recently ran across some information on the Clarion DPH910 DSP module. Looks pretty sweet...what I am focused on is the specs that I have read show that it includes 4 digital fiber optical inputs. I am thinking that this may be a way to utilize the fiber connections on many sound cards (and my M-audio Sonica) to input a digital signal into my audio system. From what I have read, this DSP still needs a headunit for control, but the DSP itself can be had for around $50 at quite a few places I have looked. Combine this with a headunit, and you are around $250 for the whole setup. Not bad for nice headunit, a DSP, and purely digital sound. Maybe I am missing something, is there any reason this wont work? Its for sale at:

and the user manual can be found at:$FILE/DPH910.pdf

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks,

even cheaper here:

don't those have to be used in line with a clarion head unit?
      My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Originally posted by shakes
        don't those have to be used in line with a clarion head unit?
        Right, as I understand it you need a Clarion head unit with the CE-NET interface to be able to control the different DSP parameters. Not sure if it could be used stand-alone with default settings? However, I have seen Clarion HUs on Ebay for about $200 or so. I was actually planning on getting a HU anyway with Aux inputs, so for a little more (if this DSP would interface digitally via the optical cables) I could have a kickass HU and DSP to boot. Just not sure if the inputs on the DSP are the same as those coming from the sound card? If so, this may be a way to get purely digital sound into the car without spending an arm and a leg to do it.

Bump....Does anyone have any experience with one of these???

I would like some information aswell
            -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Dph 910

me too, please.

For a moment I thought anti was back! LOL
                List of front-ends/usefull apps
                XTroniC | XTroniC Direct