Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Booting From USB HD

Hi,

I've searched the web far and wide and I've even checked with motherboard manufacturers. I cannot find motherboards that say they boot from USB.

I know some do it, because my desktop gigabyte board does.

However, I'm looking for a FlexATX or smaller board that has the ability to boot off of a USB device. I plan on using a USB HD and USB CD-ROM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BoRG

I bought the Syntax S635MP. It boots from USB CD, Floppy, Network, or HD. I have been very pleased with this board. It has an onboard 800 mhz cpu and 2 pci slots. Running WinXP Pro with no problems so far.
    7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
    ATVMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by sfay93
      I bought the Syntax S635MP. It boots from USB CD, Floppy, Network, or HD. I have been very pleased with this board. It has an onboard 800 mhz cpu and 2 pci slots. Running WinXP Pro with no problems so far.
      Thanks for responding, but I was hoping for a flexATX board. I'm going to be putting a carputer into an Explorer XLT and I want to mount the comp where the jack and tire iron go.

Anyone else have any experience booting from USB?

BoRG

Comment

Most newer motherboards have this feature available in the BIOS.

Also, most motherboard manufacturers will have the manual online for downloading and you can look for the option there too.
        Aura MR62 (F and R)
        My Current MP3s
        IamDefiler.com

Comment

my M9000 allows me to try to boot from a USB HDD in the bios.
          Cheap Laptop, great for Carputer!

Comment

Working...
          X