Does rca length make a difference?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does rca length make a difference?

Hey everyone, ok im hooking up my xbox and my computer to my car and i have 2 rca cables but 1 of them has like about 5 feet of slack(rcas from amp kit that i didnt use before), so what im wondering is if the cable is too long(about 15 feet a piece) then will it cause interference? and if so then would it be better to cut the cable and cut the slack off and reconnect them? Thanks.

IMHO you would probably hurt yourself more than help by cutting off the ends and shortening them. The connections wouldn't be as good and 5 feet wouldn't make a noticeable difference.
    7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
    ATVMS.com

Comment

RCA cables, espcially sheilded ones have a fairly long range before any noticible degredation. I run a 25' set from my computer to my TV without any issues.
      2003 Subaru Impreza TS
      Staus: Done.. too lazy to make pictures lol.

Comment

I think the rule of thumb is anything over 30Ft. requires an amplifier.
        Aura MR62 (F and R)
        My Current MP3s
        IamDefiler.com

Comment

make sure you get good shielded cables and not the $5 cables at radio shack that have hardly any sheielding on them at all
          '98 Explorer Sport
          http://mp3car.zcentric.com (down atm)
          AMD 800mhz 192megs RAM 60gig hard drive 9 inch widescreen VGA
          80% done

Comment

Ya radio shack cable is junky. Although no need to go up to monster cable either, too expensive really.
            2003 Subaru Impreza TS
            Staus: Done.. too lazy to make pictures lol.

Comment

Working...
            X