No announcement yet.

hard drive freezing

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hard drive freezing

I just set up a sv-24 system and now that winter is finally upon us I am a bit worried that the low temps are going to kill my hard drive one day when i go to boot my system. Any words of caution about that?

I've had mine running for 2 Minnesota winters. I tend to let the car warm up before driving or using the computer (better for the car, anyway). The computer box allows for free flow of air throughout the car so condensation build up is less of a concern.
    I guess my setup differs from most in that the computer is in the heated passenger compartment, no trunk...
    CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
    Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Player: Pentium 166MMX, Amptron 598LMR MB w/onboard Sound, Video, LAN, 10.2 Gig Fujitsu Laptop HD, Arise 865 DC-DC Converter, Lexan Case, Custom Software w/Voice Interface, MS Access Based Playlists
      Car: 1986 Mazda RX-7 Turbo (highly modded), 1978 RX-7 Beater (Dead, parting out), 2001 Honda Insight
      "If one more body-kitted, cut-spring-lowered, farty-exhausted Civic revs on me at an intersection, I swear I'm going to get out of my car and cram their ridiculous double-decker aluminium wing firmly up their rump."