Sound Blaster mp3+ issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Blaster mp3+ issues

this unit sounds great but seems to be EXTREMLY sensitive to anything w/ eloctomagnetic waves. (subs, inverters, fans in computers) Does anyone know hoe to isolate it? I got rid of inverter and it still had noise. Then i sounded it with cooking pans (you laugh) but it made it better. It still is to much noise when you stop playing anything, so you are left w/ fuzz and or radio when u stop playing music. Any ideas?

SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SO RRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORR Y!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY! SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SO RRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORR Y!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY! SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SO RRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORR Y!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY! SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SO RRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORR Y!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY! SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SO RRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!SORR Y!SORRY!SORRY!SORRY!
    Aura MR62 (F and R)
    My Current MP3s
    IamDefiler.com

Comment

Omg Nooooo!

Originally posted by Defiler
      Sounds crazy, and don't know if this would work BUT, try wrapping it in tinfoil.
      GOOD LORD, don't do that! Christ, you'll short out the whole thing.

I don't know what you can do, but don't do that!
      Near Completion: Intel P166 MMX, 32MB ram, 13GB Hard Drive, Keypad, 4x40 LCD. Sproggy MK2.6 ATX PSU. Win98SE with Winamp and Mark Zehnder Plugin. (Web-site: very soon)

Comment

Originally posted by milesg
        GOOD LORD, don't do that! Christ, you'll short out the whole thing.

I don't know what you can do, but don't do that!
        Why would that short it out?

edit:

HOLY SHIZNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG!!! I AM SORRY!!! I was thinking it was the EXTERNAL sound device.

My god I need to sleep more at night...
        Aura MR62 (F and R)
        My Current MP3s
        IamDefiler.com

Comment

Perhaps better grounding will help? Can you shorten any of the analog cables?

Which component is picking up the interference? If it the RCA cables from the SoundBlaster to the amp, try better shielded cables or a shorter run. Is the noise coming from the MIC input? Try muting the MIC.

Comment

Is your car computer actually in a metal case? There's a chance that you'll get RF interference problems and other noise if your computer isn't shielded. Make sure you ground the SB Live's faceplate as well, that seems to be an actual grounding point on the card.

Comment

check grounds and put the motherboard it in a metal box if it's in a plastic 1 and if all else fails get a ground loop isolator from a car stereo shop 1 for each and every pair of rca's on your amp if it's a 4 channle amp and you only put a GLI on 1 pair of rca's it might not work check the amp ground to and the battery wires for the car I have seen it before

Comment

The sound blaster mp3+ is an external sound card and wrapping it in aluminum foil would prob not help the radio interference because it would actually add surface area to recieve them. Also i have hooked up other things and do no get any noise or interference so iu know that the problem has to be in the sound blaster external. I HAVE EVEN TRIED SHIELED USB WITHA DIODE ON IT! I guess i might try the ground loop how much are those?

Comment

Grounding an external tinfoil shield would reduce the pickup of an external device.

Comment

Working...
                  X