m10000 and 2 dvd drives no worky?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m10000 and 2 dvd drives no worky?

I am in the process of putting my system together agian and I have a problem. Now I have a slim dvd player with the adapter connected. I installed XP with no problem. Then today I wanted to see how powerdvd 5 and or windvd 4 would work on it. I put in several dvds in the drive and it just won't read them. Even when I go into explorer and click on the d drive with the dvd in the drive it says "please insert a disc". So I figured maybe there was something wrong with the drive, so I hooked up a regular sized dvd drive and it did the exact same thing. With both drives I can look at regular cds all day but not dvds. Am I missing something simple or just retarted?
    "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

does any one know what I am doing wrong? I have and and to my amazement I have found nothing. I have found it when a dvd drive will not read cds and read dvd just fine but not the problem i am having. any help would be highly appreciated!!!
    "I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I'm going back to Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), Cali(Iraq), I know so!!!!" Now I'm here!!

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

Did you install the latest VIA 4-in-1 driver? That might help you out.

Comment

This is gonna sound stupid, but I gotta ask: are you sure they're DVD drives and not just CD drives?

Also, you may try going into the Device Manager and the options of the device itself. The DVD drive may not work until you specify a region in the Device Manager.
        So far:
        M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

The region coding should not alter their ability to access data on the disc, though... only DVD-watching applications should be affected by that. You could try a data-only DVD if you have one.. Or just try browsing the files and see if that works.

BTW, have you tried reading DVD's with the drives connected to a different computer? That would let you know in short order where the problem might be...
          MY CAR IS FOR SALE!
          See My Project Page for Details - 2003 BMW E46 ///M3
          Custom Dash Monitor Housing - OEM Fitment
          Custom Overhead DVD-ROM Housing in Headliner
          BMW I-Bus Integration
          My homepage with many other fun projects!

Comment

its seems to be that both drives were bad. i hooked up a dvd+rw drive and now it works. so like i said i must have had 2 bad drives which is odd but i guess can happen. i'll try hooking them up to another system to see if they work there. thanks

By "ToneRiddle"

Comment

Working...
            X