Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motherboard Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Motherboard Question

    Is anyone here using AOpen motherboards? I found this kind of cool thing but worry about reliability. The motherboards are mATX formfactor, but the cool thing is they can start playing a CD while the computer boots (not sure about MP3s though, I doubt it) still trying to determine all the features through them.

    I was thinking of getting one with Athlon M CPU, but once again don't know about reliability.
    Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

  • #2
    First off does it support the AMD Athlon M processors. If it doesn't then you need either a new board or new processor.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by azcowboy
      First off does it support the AMD Athlon M processors. If it doesn't then you need either a new board or new processor.
      Ok now I am completely confused are these different - Athlon XP-M and Mobile Athlon XP?
      Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by arkadiyp
        Ok now I am completely confused are these different - Athlon XP-M and Mobile Athlon XP?

        I used the technospeak of the person who originally made the post. The Athlon XP-M and Mobile Athlon XP are probably one in the same but I could be wrong.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thats unless he is refering to the Athlon MP processors and just forgot the P part of it which would be something entirely different.

          Comment


          • #6
            There are a lot of motherboards out now that support audio prior to OS boot-up. It's in anticipation of the Windows XP Media Center craze.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Banderon
              There are a lot of motherboards out now that support audio prior to OS boot-up. It's in anticipation of the Windows XP Media Center craze.
              Name a few if you don't mind, because AOpen is the first Ive seen so far.

              And no I did not forget the P after the M, I know what Athlon MP is. Its just looking at AMD site they seem to be referring to Athlon XP-M in one part and then Mobile Athlon XP in another part of the site. Thats what got me confused.
              Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

              Comment

              Working...
              X