Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Athlon64 CPU and MotherBoard

Hello guy,
    Should I get the Abit KV8-MAX3 VIA K8T800 Athlon64 Socket754 w/Audio/iEEE1394/GB LAN ATX MB using AMD Athlon64 3200+ 2Ghz ADA3200BOX 754-pins 1MB L2 Cache 2000Mhz 64-bit CPU?
    I need some suggustion.
    Thanks

Originally posted by yoyoma
    Hello guy,
    Should I get the Abit KV8-MAX3 VIA K8T800 Athlon64 Socket754 w/Audio/iEEE1394/GB LAN ATX MB using AMD Athlon64 3200+ 2Ghz ADA3200BOX 754-pins 1MB L2 Cache 2000Mhz 64-bit CPU?
    I need some suggustion.
    Thanks
    What are you planning to do with it?!? Are you planning to play Half Life 2 in the car or something? ALso have you though about cooling that CPU in the car environment?
    Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

64bit CPU is a huge waste unless your going to get Windows XP or 2003 64bit edition. Just go with a normal Athlon if you want AMD or go miniITX and get a VIA board.
      2003 Subaru Impreza TS
      Staus: Done.. too lazy to make pictures lol.

Comment

I wouldn't waste the money. Its a huge waste unless you really really need a cool factor thing and be able to say you have the latest and greatest. But then again I don't see too many people with computers in their cars to begin with. Just dvd and xboxs and the such.

But they do make really small boards for the Intel and AMD cpus. Just check Frys Electronics website. They usually come as a barebones system though. Though upgradability leaves alot to be desired.

Comment

I think that this is for his normal desktop computer, not the car (because that would be a total waste)

I have a freind with that board/CPU, and it took 8 minutes to install windowsXP pro. That tells me its a helluva machine, even though some of the features are wasted without using a 64bit OS.
          Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
          Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
          I'M DEBT FREE!!
          I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

If it's for your desktop, go for it. If it's for your car, use a mobile athlon chip with a micro-atx board.

Comment

Originally posted by arkadiyp
              What are you planning to do with it?!? Are you planning to play Half Life 2 in the car or something? ALso have you though about cooling that CPU in the car environment?

Comment

I will be using playing games such as Half Life 2 and Quake. It is for a desktop.

Comment

I will be using playing games such as Half Life 2 and Quake. It is for a desktop.
                  For a gaming desktop that would rule. Go for it.
                  Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I just got my 64bit Athlon 3400+ and a Radeon 9800XT. It's the bomb! And, you can download Windows XP 64bit edition trial free for one year

Comment

Originally posted by arkadiyp
                      For a gaming desktop that would rule. Go for it.
                      Do you know where i can find good pricing on Motherboard and CPU.

Comment

www.pricewatch.com
                        www.froogle.com
                        Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
                        Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
                        I'M DEBT FREE!!
                        I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Originally posted by Maeveth
                          64bit CPU is a huge waste unless your going to get Windows XP or 2003 64bit edition. Just go with a normal Athlon if you want AMD or go miniITX and get a VIA board.
                          Incorrect. The Athlon 64 processors are some of the highest performing cpus on the market in a 32 bit enviroment. The 64 bit capabilities are just a nice feautre if/when they ever become usuable in the real world.

Do you know where i can find good pricing on Motherboard and CPU.
                          I recommend www.newegg.com, they are very well reguarded and have excellent costumer service. The prices are usually just a few dollars off pricewatch.com, and the service is worth it. Zipzoomfly.com is supposed to be good too, although I havn't used them myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X