laptop dvd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop dvd

sorry if this has been asked before but i searched and couldn't find anything. I am tryin to find out were i can get cables so i can get my laptop dvd in my box. any info is appriciated thanks

Im not positive on this, but -

The connector at the root of the dvd drive should be the same as a lap-top HD.

A lot of places sell the laptop hd to IDE cable, look around the i-opener groups, lots of people on there talk about them.

I wll try and dig up a link.
    Gizmo-
    Techonlogy on Wheels
    http://www.hjnetworks.com/car

Comment

I am thinking the exact same thing. My research has shown that not all Laptop optical drives have the same pinout even though they may have the same connector (I have physically verified that the new IBM, Compaq and Toshiba drives have the same connector). Toshiba makes most of the drives for laptops, but the one from Compaq was made by Fujitsu and the IBM was made by Ricoh. Oh yeah, the interface, though IDE is still different than a 2.5" laptop hard drive.

I have not found a source for this connector yet, but I have talked to 2 different suppliers that have seen the pre-made adaptors, so they are out there. I haven't been able to find them yet. If anyone does, please let us know.
      A carputer?!? What in the hell is that?

Comment

Working...
      X