Audigy NX remote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy NX remote

Hey anyone here using thier audigy nx remote to controll sound via winamp in media car? does it work or will i have to use girder?

??

Comment

my experience has been the volume control for the audigy works no matter what program you're in. the other features, however, seem to only work with the audigy player.
      car computer rev 5: 8" lilliput and usual suspects

Comment

hmm ok. well since it is a infrared device can i use girder for it? or can I not because the Ir device is the Audigy Nx sound card?

Comment

You need an IR receiver that can recognize your remote, and that works with Girder...like the USB-UIRT. If the remote uses some non-standard carrier frequency, then you're out of luck unless someone writes a plugin to support the sound card as a n IR device.

Comment

makes sense. Hey does anyone know if i can use my lilliput remote to turn off and on the monitor? Or do you have to physically press the power button or do what Mastero did?

Comment

I'm using my the remote from my Audigy with the Creative IR reciver and Girder. It works perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudical
                I'm using my the remote from my Audigy with the Creative IR reciver and Girder. It works perfectly.
                Which reciever are you using? The Audigy 2 NX unit or the Creative Serial Port unit?
                SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                GPSing - Digital Speedo
                Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
                Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

the Creative Serial Port. I'm just using the remote from the Audigy. But I've tried using girder with the Audigy reciver and it works too (but that's on my home PC).

Comment

Cool, I have the Audigy 2 NX in my Car and don't use it for IR since it's under my back seat. But I do have the Creative Reciever going througha Belkin Serial to USB converter. Right now, I'm using the Creative Credit Card remote.

But now that you mention it, I'm gonna grab the Audigy 2 NX remote and see if it works in the car. Right now my Audigy 2 NX remote is being used in my HomePC with the IRMan.

I'm thinking of getting another NX 2 unit so if the remote works that would be cool. I could have the same remote at home and in the car.
                    SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                    GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Yeah, the Audigy 2 NX remote works with my cars creative serial port IR.

Nice. Now I got a better remote with more buttons and better IR transmission.
                      GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Did anyone get the Audigy 2 NX IR receiver to work with girder (or any other software)? Or is this thing pretty much useless except with the Creative software?
                        2004 4runner

Comment

I have the USB Audigy 2 NX in my car under my backseats so it isn't used for IR. - I use the Creative IR receiver (5 buks) with the USB Audigy 2 NX remote. (RM-1500)

At home, I just got my SB Audigy ZS Pro. It has a IR receiver and the same remote as the NX. (RM-1500)

Right now I am using the remote with a IRMan and not the Break Out Box's IR on the ZS. When I get a chance, I will unhook my IRMan and try to run girder or Miriam on the SB IR receiver.

I donno if the NX USB will work as a receiver for those IR programs....
                          GPSing - Digital Speedo

Comment

Originally posted by LESLIEx317537
                            I have the USB Audigy 2 NX in my car under my backseats so it isn't used for IR. - I use the Creative IR receiver (5 buks) with the USB Audigy 2 NX remote. (RM-1500)
                            Hey,
                            Can anyone tell me where I can find one of these "Creative IR Receivers"? Can't seem to find one???

Thanks

Comment

I'm trying to use a Sony SWK-8640 WebTV infrared keyboard. I bought it at good will for $4, so I honestly don't know if it works, but assuming it does work... how do I make it so?

Now for the relevant part. I've got an IRMAN that I've had for ages, but I would like to use my Audigy 2 NX as the IR receiver. It's in plain view, so aiming should not be an issue.

In any case, how can I get this infrared keyboard to work? (any solutions for the Audigy, IRman, or my laptop's IR reciever for testing) I downloaded girder, but I can't seem to find the "work/not-work" button.

Help please..

Thanks
                              '03 Escape 4WD:
                              -iTox mini-itx mobo, Core 2 Duo Mobile 1.66Ghz; 2GB, 80GB 2.5" HD, DS-ATX
                              -Transflective 8.4"
                              -XM, iG4, OBD-II (BR-3)
                              -Rearview camera with auto-switching (modified cheesbox)
                              -Slim Slot DVD+RW
                              -RR, DFX 4

Comment

Working...
                              X