Audigy 2 NX and Sub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy 2 NX and Sub

So i got the computer all hooked up. Question though the Audigy NX has a sub/center out. i used a stereo mini jack to rca plug thats not working correctly the sub seems to be getting highfrequency's as well. do I need a special plug to get the sub chanel out and not the center channel? Also Is this setup even possible with only two speakers? I want the audigy to do 2.1 speakers .1 being the sub as a seperate channel.

anyone know?

Comment

your answer is in your question ... the plug is a sub/center out ... this means on the stereo mini jack, one of the channels will be the sub, the other will be the center (which is where your high freqs are coming from).

You need to figure out which one is the sub signal ... then just plug that one into the amp. Depending one what kinda amp you have it can either use that one RCA connection and send it out all channels, or you may need to use a Y adapter.
      My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Hi

I think I have part of the answer, the creative standard wiring pattern

is front left and right from one 3.5mm socket
        rear left and right from one 3.5mm socket
        sub and centre from one 3.5 mm socket

What this means is they are all using a common return or ground ie three wires provide for two speakers, ie left pos and left (or right) common then right pos.

On ths sub woofer they have got the same return for centre (high frequencies if you like) and the sub

so what you need to do is isolate which rca the sub terminates on, your cable should have a 3.5mm socket on one end and then two rcas on the other ? if so then connect your sub to one of the rcas, you may need a cable in the future that takes the one rca to two rcas to connect to your amp

if you follow this great if not, pm me and i can take some pictures of what I mean, i have all the amps and rcas and crossovers all over my floor as I am busy wiring it up right as I type
        Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

beat ya to it
          My JeepPC Install

Comment

Ill betcha its the white one for your sub......

It was on my sonica theater
            Cheap Laptop, great for Carputer!

Comment

Is the sub powered through an amp? Most amps have a crossover filter built-in.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderon
                Is the sub powered through an amp? Most amps have a crossover filter built-in.
                Well, but the fact that he's getting high's from the sub output is reason for concern. Using a crossover to filter out the highs with his setup is just a bandaid.

i can guarantee his problem is one of the RCAs he has plugged into his amp is the center channel.
                My JeepPC Install

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions.I did exactly what you guys said. I figured that one rca (red or white) would be low and one be high. Well doesnt seem to work that way, I get nothing out of one, and an extreeme little amount of bass out of the other. I am using a Radio Shack 3.5mm to RCA adapter plug and i am wondeirng if I have to use createives plug, mabety the connections are different. Also I will try the Y adpater, my amp might require stereo the way its hooked up, I jsut didnt have one lying arond.

Comment

Just thought of something else. I only have 2 speakers. But there is no option for 2.1 sound? How can I control the subwoofer? or should I just select 5.1 and forget about the rears and center?

Comment

2 questions .... 1. do you have your soundcard set for 5.1 sound? and 2. what were you playing when you tested it? Unless you were playing something that utilizes 5.1 (like a dvd) then you won't get anything out of the center channel. For example i'm listening to MP3s right now and although I have my card set for 5.1 ... it's only coming out as 4.1

so the fact that you only get sound out of one of the plugs isn't surprisin ... get the Y adapter ... and see how it sounds then.
                      My JeepPC Install

Comment

Put it on two speakers, youll have to setup a cross over going to your sub because when your in stereo mode the entire spectrum of sound is fed over the stereo mini jack.
                        2003 Subaru Impreza TS
                        Staus: Done.. too lazy to make pictures lol.

Comment

ummm ... well then you either need to set it for 4.1 or 5.1 and not worry abuot the rears ... though yuo m ay loose soem audio on videos and dvds ...

or set it to 2 speakers ... then just come off the front plug on the audigy ... use a Y adapter to split it up to go to your sub amop and whereever else ... then use the crossover in your amp (assuming it has one) to cut out all the highs.
                          My JeepPC Install

Comment

Hmm well if i set it too 5.1 it works fine, but just like as you guys said is missing some audio sound quality. Just running the sub off the front input is a little sketchy. i guess i could utilize my amps crossovers becuase they are adaquate but I will likely just upgrade to 5.1 soon. thanks for your help!

Comment

heres the answer !!
                              I had the exact same problem, i was tearing my hair out trying to work out why i wasnt getting true sub signals from EITHER rca. Then i tried changing the settings to 6.1
                              works
                              I dont know why, but i know that it works and ive left it like that. Now there is a signal for rear centre, and front centre, but of course i just dont have them hooked up.
                              I have 4 speakers in the car and the sub (2x12's) and now its all good and working

try that for yourself and you will probably get your true subwoofer out, and be able to control it properly from the audigy eax console.
                              Ford XR6T blueprint 4.0 L twin cam turbo.
                              Xenarc 7" touchscreen M10000 Audigy 2 NX
                              ITX 120W PS 80gig HD, 256MB Ram, USB wireless internet/LAN
                              Griffin Powermate Panasonic DVD-CDW
                              Pioneer 5x7 Four way, 2x12 pioneer subz
                              600watt 6chan USA audio AMP

Comment

Working...
                              X