Eclipse DIN cable ins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eclipse DIN cable ins?

I've ed, and I've ed, and only after about 2 weeks of it, I decided to try you guys out.

I have an Eclipse 5441 HU, and it has that DIN connector that lets me hook up a CD changer, but I want to use it as an aux in. I can't find either the cable, or the pinouts. If I had the pinouts, I could make the cable, or rough up the radio to make it do my bidding.

Does anybody know where I could find either?
    2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
    80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Originally posted by kiltjim
    I've ed, and I've ed, and only after about 2 weeks of it, I decided to try you guys out.

I have an Eclipse 5441 HU, and it has that DIN connector that lets me hook up a CD changer, but I want to use it as an aux in. I can't find either the cable, or the pinouts. If I had the pinouts, I could make the cable, or rough up the radio to make it do my bidding.

Does anybody know where I could find either?
    According to your stereo has aux-in (stereo 3.5 mm headphone jack) that is assuming we are talking about CD-5441 and not CD-54410.
    Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Yeah I believe that most Eclipse units, like my 5423, use that head phone jack. It is made for hooking up a CD player, cassette player, or anything else that uses a line-out (i.e. carputer through speaker jack).

Joe

Comment

I ran into this problem early in my searches. Its not a CD5441. Its just 5441. The CD5441 has a second LCD for the function that you are on, and mine doesn't have this. Although, I'm gonna have to rip the radio out once more to double check the back of this thing. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a aux-in jack.
        2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
        7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
        80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

The older eclipse HUs don't have an aux in. I looked at that myself a year ago. Had to get an FM modulator because my local stereo shop said there wasn't an easy / cheap workaround.
          AutoPC: M10k, WinXP, gps, wifi, 80GB HD, dvd-RW. SB mp3+
          MediaEngine front end, map monkey, netstumbler.
          gps mouse is on the fritz.....stupid technology

Comment

Working...
          X