Where to get Lilliput Fixed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get Lilliput Fixed

I've been having some problems with my lilliput recently (see this thread). I contacted the ebay store where I bought it from, Extreme Audio Electronics, and they siad they would send it back to the manufacturer. Only problem is, I've already cut the case and fiberglassed it in to my bezel. Does anyone know of anyone that would be able to fix this screen? I don't mind paying for it, I just don't know who can actually fix it. Any help is definately appreciated. Once my screen is fixed, my project is done.

bump

Comment

Your options are limited. Either replace it with another one or send it back for repair. It not like you can take to some local shop and get it fixed. It's a very unique display.

Comment

Maybe try Armen at www.digitalww.com?
        2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean, that's the hard part. Armen thought it may have been a cable, so I bought another one from him, but that didnt' fix it. I wrote him again, but he must be busy or something, didn't hear back from him. Anyone else have any ideas?

Originally posted by Zip-Lock
          Your options are limited. Either replace it with another one or send it back for repair. It not like you can take to some local shop and get it fixed. It's a very unique display.

Comment

Unfortunately the wait is part of dealing with a 1 man operation like digitalww. I would try a few more times to reach him, and ask if he is willing to look at it for you. Perhaps "shotgunning" a cable was not the cure, but I am sure he could figure it out, as he has worked with more of them than I can imagine. Just have to be patient, or order a new one. It will take you much longer to send it away, plus it is expensive (hear that sound...its experience )
            2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

damb that suck, I have had my lilliput go out but I had it in the case and I sent it back to the sore I got it from, Thay just send me a new one the next day.

You can see if any one is selling a used one on ebay or just get a new onefrom ebay.

Take a look at all the chips on the boards you might have fryed one or two. That is what happend to my HD on my carputer. I lost every thing

Comment

I hear what you're saying, and I understand. He's just one guy, and he certainly doesn't have to help me. I appreciate the help he has given me already. I think I'll send him another email. As for ordering a new one, coming up with the $300 for the first one was hard enough. Might be tough to justify ponying up the dough for a new screen when I think this one is salvagable. I'll keep on it. Thanks for the replies guys.

Originally posted by gospeed.racer
                Unfortunately the wait is part of dealing with a 1 man operation like digitalww. I would try a few more times to reach him, and ask if he is willing to look at it for you. Perhaps "shotgunning" a cable was not the cure, but I am sure he could figure it out, as he has worked with more of them than I can imagine. Just have to be patient, or order a new one. It will take you much longer to send it away, plus it is expensive (hear that sound...its experience )

Comment

Xenarc with fix it for a fee. I had a problem with mine and sent them the whole dash bezel and they fixed it. I think it was $70. I really screwed myself by not really checking the display out before opening it up and voiding the warranty. It was something they should have fixed under warranty if I had found it. It was that you had to re-calibrate the screen each time it was powered up.

John
                  JohnRam

Comment

Armen wrote me back, said he would take a look at it if I sent it to him, and replace the controller board worst case. He's a hell of a guy. I think we're all lucky to have him and his knowledge on this board. Seems the lcd's are hard to get any help on.

Comment

Yea, I agree. I wish I would have known when I got my lilly that he was in the USA. Or even when I sent it back to HK. He gets a bad rep for not answering emails quickly and such but in the end the people seem to be well taken care of. Just be patient and know that in the end you are saving yourself money and time, and you are getting back a lcd that is rebuilt better than they did from the manufacturer
                      2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Working...
                      X