Illuminated Button

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illuminated Button

Okay, I have here and 'ed till I was blue in the face.... and I can't find a decent source for COOL looking pushbuttons with LED (colored) illumination.....

Does anybody know of a source for Cool looking push buttons with some kind of illumination.... and yes I have checked DigiKey and Mouser..... I have searched the computer mod sites and found nothing....

I need a Normally Closed push button, but could live with a normally open one if I had too....

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

http://www.happcontrols.com/index.ht...in_switch.htm!

They primarily stock a myriad of arcade controls. I have bought many a joysticks and pushbuttons from them, I have been very pleased with their products and service...
    1999 Mercedes ML430 - Epia M10000, OPUS 90w, 512mb, 160gb, Deluo GPS, SB Audigy 2 NX, 7" Lilliput TS

Comment

Damn.. those are expensive.

I'm actually looking for something similar. I want a button with integrated LED/light, and I want the light to be independant of the button. That way, for example, if I have a button for heated seats. I can press the button, and button would light up and seats would heat up. However, next time I turn the car on, the button and switch are off.

Comment

Google "lighted LED push button switch"

http://www.directron.com/push15135.html
        http://www.itwasia.com.tw/e-switch.htm#3
        http://www.rjselectronics.com/cms/ht...3bd415f84f9f8c

http://www.ottoeng.com/control/pushbutton_lp5.htm

I hope you find what you are looking for, Good luck
        TruckinMP3
        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by TruckinMP3
          I should probably have mentioned that I also want to insert a label into them.

But thanks for the help.. some of those I haven't seen before and they look pretty.

Comment

Wait! Scratch that! I got an idea. My goal is to make buttons similar to those found in a BMW. They're pretty black rectangles with the picture of them of what they do, and when you press them an LED on them lights up.

I was just thinking... some of those illuminated pushbuttons you linked have more than one LED. I'm thinking I can print out a stencil of the graphic I want, and paint over the button with black paint. That way, the button looks like black plastic, except for the image on it that will shine through. And when I press the button, I can wire it to switch which LED is lit. So for example, normaly they can be white, but when pressed they turn red.

You people think that'd work? Or would the LEDs shine through the paint?

Comment

Thanks all, those are good links, have seen most of them... and unfortunately they are not what I am looking for....

There was a topic on here that I got started with, can't find it now... crap..... but it had a link to some metal LED ring illuminated buttons... they were cool, but only NO no NC... might just have to deal with them....

But also they were not quite right.... I just keep thinking there are more appropiate ones out there.... with all the case modding going on, and LED's being so popular in case modding, I just feel there is more out there....

I really need to find that topic, it gives a good idea of what I am looking for....

Comment

what to you think of my one? check my carputer link below. one of the pictures got a start button for the carputer (as an overide just in case)
                MG ZR CARPUTER (UNITED KINGDOM)

Comment

Originally posted by Aftaab001
                  what to you think of my one? check my carputer link below. one of the pictures got a start button for the carputer (as an overide just in case)
                  Which picture shows it best... I didn't really see a good picture of a button... is 000 0360 the best? There is a lot of Blue Glow in that one, but really can't see a button

Comment

000 372

Comment

it's meant to be an engine start switch but i used it parallel with the ITPS switch to overide the ITPS just in case. cost me 17.00 roughly.
                      http://www.iconstyling.com/shopprodu...80952411689815

Comment

OMG those are hot! Expensive as all hell, but so gorgeous!

I just might have to get some of those... but I wonder if they're too bright? There's not much info there on how the LED and the switch are wired... maybe I can throw in a stronger resistor into the LED's circuit to reduce the light a bit?

Comment

do a search for " savage led switch" or simmilar. i dunno if you can get them in america. probably be cheaper than in bloody UK!

Comment

If not, I'd import them. I'd get 3 or 4 of those just to mount them in a corner somewhere. Those'd get some mad "ooohs" and "aaaahs"...

Comment

go on the shop link i posted up there. go to the airconditioning section. that little box is a relay Pust to make switch. 2 i/o. the brightness, just wire up a resistor or potentiometer in line and adjust to your preferance, that's what i done. by the way you get the little relay box with ll of them

Comment

Working...
                              X