Ok, NEWBIE question here on installing a PC+LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, NEWBIE question here on installing a PC+LCD

I am just looking into some of these car audio/pc options now available. I am a total newbie in this area.

What I would like to do is run Windows 98 or XP on a lil computer like that ARM from tigerdriect or that GNET setup. Then I would like to route it to a LCD in dash screen like a Panasonic CY-VMD9000U or similar (or that Clarion I guess if I go the GNET route). So I could watch some DVD, then listen to some cds or mp3's and then use Autotap to monitor my car engine ( a very non stock car).

Will most of these new LCD in dash players like the Panasonic, Pioneer, Clarion or Alpine hook up fine in with the GNET computer or that one from Tigerdirect? Or do I need some special adapter or the like?

any helpful web sites or opinions would be great.
    thanks

those LCDs you mention are NTSC RCA LCDs, so you need a computer or Video card with NTSC RCA Video out (aka TV-out). The ARM computer has NTSC out and is sold under various names. <--that was the answer to your question.

You can get it here as the EZGO. You can get the same 800Mhz, 128MB RAM, 10 G HDD system there for $594 or at gnet for $1295. DVD will cost only $60 there as opposed to $150 at gnet.

As far as screens go, I think gnet does allright, but I dont keep up with NTSC screen prices. You can get a 12.1" touchscreen for $695 from earthlcd.com
    Debt as of 1/1/05: $34,354.48
    Debt as of July 4, 2007: $0.00 explanation
    I'M DEBT FREE!!
    I'm now a reasonably successful gunblogger.

Comment

Dont do the gnet system it way over priced but use it as a start there computer is 400 buck there software you can get from them for 40 bucks and a motorized lcd is 6 to 8 hundred. Use those parts to make the same system.

Originally posted by intel55:
      <STRONG>I am just looking into some of these car audio/pc options now available. I am a total newbie in this area.

What I would like to do is run Windows 98 or XP on a lil computer like that ARM from tigerdriect or that GNET setup. Then I would like to route it to a LCD in dash screen like a Panasonic CY-VMD9000U or similar (or that Clarion I guess if I go the GNET route). So I could watch some DVD, then listen to some cds or mp3's and then use Autotap to monitor my car engine ( a very non stock car).

Will most of these new LCD in dash players like the Panasonic, Pioneer, Clarion or Alpine hook up fine in with the GNET computer or that one from Tigerdirect? Or do I need some special adapter or the like?

any helpful web sites or opinions would be great.
      thanks</STRONG>

Comment

Working...
      X