No announcement yet.

Video and CPU Comparison

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video and CPU Comparison

Can someone knowledgable in embedded graphics please help me determine which embedded video chip is better:

Intel 815EG and VIA CLE266

Particularly I'm interested in DivX and some lightweight Direct3D (not hard-core games, I know these chips can't really do it).

Also, if you could choose between a Socket 370 PIII up to 1.4Ghz or a C3/EDEN EBGA based board, what would you choose?

I know the PIII would be faster right? But what about heat problems? I live in Houston...

Thanks all.

I'd take the PIII. As long as you have your case well ventilated and not in direct sunlight, you should be fine. Pentiums are stable at about 180 F (more at peak performance) and with embedded graphics, you're gonna be safer in terms of heat.
    The Intel has digital video capabilities and seems to be a better video setup, although if you're only worried about divx and simple direct 3d games, then either would be more than sufficient.
    If at first you don't succeed, so much for skydiving!

You should be fine as long as you have at least 256mb of RAM.

Where abouts in Houston, as I may be moving back there soon?

Thanks guys.

I live in The Woodlands and I work off Westheimer near BW8. It's a 50 minute drive each direction on average, hence the reason for the car PC: Mostly music.

I am mainly comparing the SP300 and the E10000N (C134).

Anyone seen that SP300 anywhere else? I know CappuccinoPC just re-brands other peoples hardware so I'd like to shop around. That little case seems like a deal. It's 1.25" more narrow and nearly 1/2" shorter then the C134. They're both about the same depth and this one takes a full PIII and has the Intel 815EG. Seems to me to be a better buy, but I'm still open for opinions.

Thanks again guys

*Sorry* I hate it when people bump their own threads but I'm getting really close to making my purchase and I just wanted to make sure no one had anything to add. I won't bump it again.