No announcement yet.

Where do you do your software install/setup?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you do your software install/setup?

Do you hook your VIA up inside with a normal power supply, and then transfer it to the car with the Opus?

Or do you get everything into the car hook it up to the Opus and install the OS and other goodies first?

I'm contemplating which way I should venture.
    '02 GTI
    [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
    [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
    [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
    [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
    Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

inside then move to outside. I have a router so I have my main pc hooked to it also so I can transfer mp3's and what not.
    '01 4runner ░ P3 866 ░ 128mb ░ 20gb HD ░ Radeon 9200SE PCI ░ SB PCI ░ Slim DVD/CD-RW ░ USB GPS ░ 7" Lilli vga TS ░ XP Pro ░ MC ░ Routis '04

I don't have a Via, and I don't have an Opus, but I do all my setup inside on the LAN feeding the PSU with a 14v power supply, and then move it to the car.
      Old Systems retired due to new car
      New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

set mine up inside as well

Still setting mine up inside. I've actually spent a lot of hours getting everythign just the way I want it. Figuring out bugs, etc. Plus I don't go blind looking at a small screen all the time.
          Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

I will be setting mine all up inside, then install in the car and test it once again.

Once in the car I will use wireless nic to update the mp3s and whatever.