Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

partition setup, but having a problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • partition setup, but having a problem

    i have 5 gig with the os on it set as the c:/ drive and i have 130 gig for media and everything setup as the d:/. My question is about when it boots up. While booting it gives me this option

    Boot from :

    Windows XP
    Windows XP

    i dont have windows setup on the 2nd partition (d) and i dont want to have to choose which one to startup with when the computer is loading. The first one loads fine but i need to get rid of the 2nd one on the list. How do i do this. If i leave it on there and boot the computer without pressing anything on the keyboard, it adds 30seconds to the bootup time which sucks. Thanks for the help.

  • #2
    Originally posted by DSM97RS
    i have 5 gig with the os on it set as the c:/ drive and i have 130 gig for media and everything setup as the d:/. My question is about when it boots up. While booting it gives me this option

    Boot from :

    Windows XP
    Windows XP

    i dont have windows setup on the 2nd partition (d) and i dont want to have to choose which one to startup with when the computer is loading. The first one loads fine but i need to get rid of the 2nd one on the list. How do i do this. If i leave it on there and boot the computer without pressing anything on the keyboard, it adds 30seconds to the bootup time which sucks. Thanks for the help.
    Edit your boot.ini on your C:\, or you can post its content here and we'll edit it for you
    Never be afraid to do something yourself. Remember - amateur built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by arkadiyp
      Edit your boot.ini on your C:\, or you can post its content here and we'll edit it for you
      i have looked and i have a boot.ini.backup. is that the file i should edit and also, how do i edit it. windows doesnt have a program to edit it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DSM97RS
        i have looked and i have a boot.ini.backup. is that the file i should edit and also, how do i edit it. windows doesnt have a program to edit it.
        Boot.ini will be a hidden file, you need to change your folder setting to allow windows systems files to be visible.
        EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
        Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
        XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

        Comment

        Working...
        X