Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Dire need of help (install complete but...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Dire need of help (install complete but...)

Hey guys and girls, I have a toyota celica GT, Jap, now heres my problem, i have a duron based pc, normal tower running from a belkin power inverter, now my head unit WAS a kenwood and i have just replaced it with a Pioneer but this is where my problems began, you see the screen was fine but when you turn up the volume it flickers, maybe because i was running it from the supply used on the amp so i re-wired it accross the cigarette lighter, now i thorght i smelt burning do rewired it back but heres the clincher, when the inverter isn't running i.e the ignition is off the screen shows blue with AV1/AV2 in the top corner with no distortion (screen is wired through the ignition, same point as stereo) but assoon as i turn the ignition switch i get interference!, really distorted picture, can read but really badly distored with specks all over the screen now if i run the car but the inverter is OFF no interference so i can only assume its from the inverter, now this runs from the cigarette lighter but before the swop the whole thing worked fine!, please help i have just spent the last 3 hours in the car in the sun going mad, any ideas? ANYTHING would be helpful.

Electrical noise filter/regulator?
    EPoX mATX SocketA w/onboard Geforce4MX / 512MB PC2700 / AthlonXP 1600
    Lilliput / DVDrom / Opus 150W / WD 3.5" 160GB / SB Audigy NX
    XP home / Road Runner / iGuidance 4.0

Comment

Working...
    X