Timeline 20x4 Backlit LCD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeline 20x4 Backlit LCD

I have the above lcd and have been using the schematic from http://www.jarcom.com/inmotion/ and haven't been able to get it to work. I got another one thinking I might have burt it out but that isn't the case. I checked the schematic and also the pinout and they are fine. I also don't have any shorts. Has anyone gotten this lcd to work?
    Rav4MP3
    BookPC - Celeron 500 - 128 MB - 10 GB - Pioneer Slot DVD
    IRMan: 1 Pioneer Remote; 2 Credit Card Remotes - USB Keypad - RF Keyboard
    5.8" LCD - 40 x 4 Backlit LCD Display
    Running: WinME - Winamp Album List 1.36 Plugin - PCRemoteControl - PowerDVD 3.0

Make sure you have the contrast adjusted correctly.

Comment

I adjusted it both ways. And nothing.
      Rav4MP3

Comment

You should be able to adjust the contrast so that the whole displays blacks out. Maybe you have one of the displays that needs a negative voltage on the contrast adjustment.

Comment

Yes I do. It says that but I don't know how to hook it up properly. Can you edit the imotion schematic to properly show this negative voltage?
          Rav4MP3

Comment

you try to connect the pin1 of the pot to -5v, pin2 (center tap) to your Vlc (Vee) and pin3 to ground
            20x4 is weird. i have it hook up and nothing work. now it work but only show me of 2 lines work out of 4 lines.

Comment

Working...
            X