vga to rca/s video cable i dotn think it works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vga to rca/s video cable i dotn think it works

just got this in and i tried the rca part and i dont think it works has anyone else tried it

They only work if your vga port has tv-out on it. Some cards (some matrox for example) and some laptops do. Most don't.
    Old Systems retired due to new car
    New system at design/prototype stage on BeagleBoard.

Comment

Only if you have tv-out? So is there a way to force it to work?
      Georgia Area Meet Photos

Comment

Originally posted by falconey
        So is there a way to force it to work?
        Yeah, you're right, I was lying when I said it will _only_ work with a tv-out system. Get a gun and threaten it, I'm sure it will comply.

If you can find an easier way, let us know.

Comment

is the video quality gonna be any different if u use a VGA to RCA cable or is it pretty much gonna be the same as an RCA to RCA connection...

reason 'm asking is that right now 'm using the RCA port of my PC...text is hard to read..so wondering if it's gonna be different if I use the cable

Thanks

Comment

Exactly the same quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Withey
              Yeah, you're right, I was lying when I said it will _only_ work with a tv-out system. Get a gun and threaten it, I'm sure it will comply.

If you can find an easier way, let us know.
              No need for that my friend. I have a couple of these that a friend gave me for free. I've never tried using them, but I don't have a tv-out on my vid card. It does have s-vid out, but not tv-out. That's why I was asking. In know way was I commenting on if you were right or wrong. I just assumed it would work and had been planning on using these to run to some headrest monitors down the road. According to what you're saying I'd have to scrap that idea unless there's another way to get the signal to the monitors. Thanks
              Georgia Area Meet Photos

Comment

well how do you just have a rca connection out of your comp i need rca to go to my indash screen

Comment

Does anyone have a way to get RCA (composite video) BACK into the PC? I want/need to be able to display my back-up camera to my dash monitor while in reverse... I know that there are video cards out there like the Radeon All-in-Wonder that will take an S-Video or Composite videe in... but don't care to add an extra video board... then again.. If I did that, I could run an extended desktop and have other things going on... oh nm... first I need my carputer running... THEN I can worry about extra stuff.

TTYL!

Coach... I mean Randy (I often forget who I really am)

Undergoing LS1 Conversion as we speak!
                  Click Image to Visit My Website!
                  Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!) ;)

***Too many pieces and parts to list... maybe someday I'll show'm to ya!***

Comment

Tv card will do what you want. If you don't want to add another card then it gets real tough.

Comment

Also, note that if you're talking about adding a second video card to a motherboard with on-board video, the on-board video is generally disabled by the bios when you add a PCI or AGP video card. Therefore, you usually cannot use both the on-board AND a second video card.

I want to point out that AFAIK, all motherboards with on-board video do this, but since I don't know all motherboards and chipsets, there may be some that allow both. But, *I've* never heard of one that does this. I say this because I am assuming that you are planning on using an ITX board, and these will disable the on-board video. (Or to cover my *** again, at least mine did when I tried it with a PCI GeForce2.)
                      "Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a b@$#*??!!"

Comment

only way it will work is if you set the refresh clocks to 15khz
                        2005 Ford Mustang GT <- - - UPDATED PICTURES

2003 KAWASAKI Z1000 - CUSTOM MODZ

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

basicly u have to tell your video card to output to tv mode

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Originally posted by falconey
                            It does have s-vid out, but not tv-out. That's why I was asking.
                            s-video != vga.

Converting s-video to composite video is trivial. There are lots of circuits on the web that do this. You can do it with a handful of inexpensive components.

Comment

you can by a connector that does that at radio shack... most video cards even come with it. Basicly that cable sparked an idea for me

goes like this

4x1 15pin monitor splitter.

2 of those cables above

the output on the splitter goes into my extron scan converter so basicly it does what a video card does TV out mode and converts it to RGBS which is what my navigation screen uses.

by using the cables above I just plug into one of the in's on the switch and my scan converter will convert the khz to work with the monitor automaticly.

I ordered a 4x1 switcher and 2 of those cables above totaled to bout 25 bucks.

I think this sounds right on paper here but lets see what you think

MBK (AIM = IllMBKllI)

Comment

Working...
                              X