Another take on mirror camera - utilize it for Blind Spot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another take on mirror camera - utilize it for Blind Spot

I know there are a lot of merits to using a mirror cam while in reverse. However, wouldn't be a lot more useful if a set of 2 mirror cams utilized to cover the "blind spot".
    You know when a car comes from no where even though you were looking at your rear view and side views (left/right).

I was thinking if I could attach one cam to each side view mirror to cover the blind spot, using A/B switch, I could switch display from left to right depending on which lane I am moving into. I think one could easily open the side mirror compartment to insert this cam, I do not think those cams are big -I have not seen any.

Do you think it is useful or I am pipe dreaming.

I'm thinking along the same lines as you, Tut. But I'm not into tearing my doors apart to run the wiring. You can mount the cameras in the cabin easier. I was going to place mine in those small triangle shaped rear windows that don't roll down - or the upper corners of the rear windshield. Mount them at the top of the window, so they're out of sight of thieves and such.

I would also like to mount one in the far right upper corner of my front windshield, so I can see "around" cars that are loitering in the passing lane. (man, I hate that!)

My problem is that I haven't found any free software that will handle more than one camera input, and I'm up to 3 cameras! Also I bought a couple cheap ($10) web cams to play with and WinXP will only recognize one camera at a time. It confuses the same make/model camera's and thinks there is only one plugged in.

Any ideas?
    So far:
    M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

I think the upper corners of the rear windshield is a great place, I should have thought of that.

I am in the same boat as you when it comes to viewing more than 1 cam, I hope someone drops in an advice.

Comment

radar, thats what you need!
        .//Daren
        (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
        MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

Radar?!?

Yeah! Can I get satellite imagery of the road ahead so I can see those cops hiding in the median too??
          So far:
          M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

Working...
          X